Hello Fellow Marcher!
Our Earth Day Science March is Saturday, 4/22/17!
Medicine, endangered species, right to clean drinking water, and climate change; what do they all have in common? Right, science! We are lining up a phenomenal group of speakers to talk about these issues and more. Interactive, fun family activities are also being planned! Stay tuned as we finalize the details. In the meantime:
The Women's March Contra Costa Earth Day Science March is 100% volunteer run and we need your support to make the march happen. Make a donation here.
- Please register/RSVP on our website so that we know you are coming and can plan accordingly.
- Click here to sign up to volunteer. We especially need more line marshals and peacekeepers.
- If your organization or club is interested in having a table/booth, please email us.
- Share our event on Facebook.
- Feel free to distribute flyers.
- Start making your signs/posters in support of science and protection of our environment! Grab some paint, markers, and cardboard and get creative! Just remember this is a family-friendly event.
ACTION ITEM #1 – Action item for Monday, 4/3/17! Call Senator Steve Glazer to ask he support measures to protect immigrant communities.
- Encourage Senator Glazer to support SB-54, the California Values Act, and SB-6, the Expanding Due Process Act.
- Call his district office at 925-258-1176. Senator Glazer's district includes Lafayette, Orinda, Oakley, Moraga, Walnut Creek, Concord, Clayton, Danville, Pittsburg, San Ramon, Alamo, Brentwood, and Antioch.
- Sample script: Hello, my name is _____, [If you or your family lives in the District (see above), add "I reside in _____], and I would like to ask Senator Glazer to support two critical bills that are part of a humane immigration package - SB 54 and SB 6. The bills protect all Californians by making sure local resources aren’t used to separate families or violate Californians’ due process rights. They will also reduce deportations and discrimination on the basis of identity, race, religion, or sexual orientation. They are a way for California to stand up against the administrations’s xenophobic, racist political agenda of scapegoating immigrants, and I am counting on Senator Glazer to be a part of this fight. Thank you! (script provided by Bend the Arc)
ACTION ITEM #2 – Get prepared and attend a town hall meeting.
- Congressional recess is April 8-23. Not sure how to prepare? Check out these town hall tips by Indivisible.
ACTION ITEM #3 – Easily contact your elected State and Federal officials through a new Facebook tool.
- Go to the Town Hall tab in your setting page on the Facebook app or to to Facebook.com/townhall.
- Enter your address to find out your representatives. If you choose, you can follow them to see updates in your news feed. You can also call, message, email, and visit the Facebook pages of each rep.
EVENTS TO ATTEND THIS WEEK
Lafayette Town Hall with Assemblywoman Catharine Baker & Senator Steve Glazer
Please join Assemblywoman Baker and Senator Glazer for a bi-partisan community town hall to get an update on legislation and share your thoughts about issues that are important to you and your community.
Date/Time: Monday, 4/3/17, 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Location: Stanley Middle School, Gymnasium, 3455 School St, Lafayette
RSVP: Click here
Joint Town Hall with Representatives DeSaulnier & McNerney
Please join Congressmen Jerry McNerney & Mark DeSaulnier for a town hall where you can listen to a Congressional update, ask questions, and share your thoughts on issues of importance.
Date/Time: Saturday, 4/8/17,10:30 AM - 12 PM
Location: Nick Rodriguez Community Center, 213 F St, Antioch
RSVP: Email CA.11RSVP@mail.house.gov or call 925-933-2660
I Can't Keep Quiet Flashmob
A mirror event for MILCK's #ICantKeepQuiet Day. Event is billed not as a protest but as a sign of unity, coming together and singing a song that has become an anthem for the movement. Singing not required.
Date/Time: Saturday, 4/8/17, 1:00 PM - 1:15 PM
Location: Powell St. Cable Car Turnaround, San Francisco
Details: See Facebook page for song lyrics and details
Tax March Walnut Creek - Rally & March
Date/Time: Saturday, 4/15/17, 11:00 AM - 1 PM
Location: Corner of Main St. & Mt. Diablo
Sponsored by: Contra Costa MoveOn
RSVP: Click here
For more information, please visit our website at www.womensmarchcontracosta.org or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Facebook for more frequent updates!