As the coronavirus outbreak continues to develop at pace, and with the most recent advice from the UK Government that people should work from home where possible, CPI has implemented a number of measures to help ensure the health and welfare of our staff while also protecting the members and other stakeholders we interact with.
- As most of our staff are remote workers spread across the country, we were already set up to work in an agile way and so were able to respond to this advice quickly. All of our staff are now working from home and continue to be contactable via the usual email, office telephone numbers, and mobile phone numbers.
- We have already started transitioning all CPI hosted meetings from in-person to online meetings or conference calls.
- While we have stopped all non-essential travel, we continue to attend meetings with partners and stakeholder groups either online or over the phone.
- Where we have pre-arranged site visits to our members, we are working closely with those members to ascertain whether the visit should go ahead in order to protect the health of all parties involved.
- We continue to monitor the UK Government’s advice on the coronavirus outbreak (available at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19) and strongly advise our members to do the same.
- We are increasing our direct contact with our members via phone and email in order to ensure that we stay close to our members and support them through this challenging period.
- We continue to produce a number of publications in support our membership. These include:
- We are in regular contact with Ministers and Officials to update them on the position of the industry and present solutions to the issues that emerge. We are also closely monitoring Government statements to see what advice we can provide to our members regarding available support packages.
- Our focus remains on delivering our normal, high quality, service to our members and we aim to operate as much in a “business as usual” mode as possible. We understand that our members are facing unprecedented challenges over the coming months and we look forward to helping members during this difficult period. CPI’s Paper-based Industry specialists can be contacted as below:
We look forward to continuing to work with our members to protect and grow the UK’s Paper-based Industries.