Dear services and providers
We wanted to make sure regional staff are aware that the Western NSW Local Health District is currently running walk-in vaccination clinics in a range of regional hubs on scheduled days.
No appointments are necessary – the roving clinics accept walk-ins and are able to provide both Pfizer (Comirnaty) and AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) vaccines based on eligibility.
Educators are strongly encouraged to attend the hubs in order to meet new mandatory requirements to have received two doses of COVID-19 vaccination by 8 November 2021.
All eligible people are encouraged to have both doses of a vaccine as soon as possible. Priority groups in particular are encouraged to come forward, including: aged care, healthcare and disability workers, Aboriginal people and people over 16 with an underlying medical condition or disability.
You can find a full list of walk-in and by appointment clinics on the district’s COVID-19 vaccinations webpage. Currently, upcoming hubs are scheduled in:
In addition to the clinics, COVID-19 vaccination is available through GPs, respiratory clinics, Aboriginal Medical Services and select pharmacies across regional NSW.
- Bathurst from 6-11 September at Bathurst Memorial and Entertainment Centre, 105 William Street, Bathurst
- Cobar from 6-8 September at Cobar Youuth Centre, 1 Harcourt St, Cobar
- Collarenebri on 4 September at Collarenebri Bowling Club, Walgett St, Collarenebri
- Condobolin on 4 September at SRA Hall, Diggers Ave, Condobolin
- Coolah from 7-9 September at Brenshaw Medical Centre, 111/135 Martin Street, Coolah
- Coonabarabran from 10-12 September at Coonabarabran Town Hall, 31-35 John Street, Coonabarabran
- Cowra on 4 September at Showground Heritage Pavilion, Grenfell Rd, Cowra
- Dunedoo on 4 September at Dunedoo Jubilee Hall, 154 Bolaro St, Dunedoo
- Enngonia on 8 September, location to be determined
- Gilgandra from 11-12 September at Gilgandra Shire Hall, 15 Warren Road, Gilgandra
- Kandos on 6 September at Kandos Community Hall, 44 Angus Avenue, Kandos
- Orange from 6-12 September at the Orange Government Hub, 105 Prince Street, Orange.
- Rylstone from 4-5 September at Rylstone Memorial Hall, Cnr Louee & Cudgegong St, Rylstone
- Walgett from 6-8 September at Walgett RSL, 71 Fox Street, Walgett
Regional staff can use the vaccine eligibility checker to find appointments at a clinic nearby, or book into one of the regional and rural vaccination clinics open to everyone aged over 18 years.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Program hotline is available on 1800 571 155 between 8am – 9.30pm, 7 days a week to help staff access a vaccination.