From the UUCJ Board President and Ministers:
Because of concerns about having large group gatherings, and out of an abundance of caution, UUCJ has made the decision to cancel live Sunday services at least until April 5. However, we are not closing the campus. You are welcome to continue to meet in your small groups and to continue your regular community programming. The decision about whether or not to cancel is yours to make at this point. We hope that you will take into account the importance of voluntary social distancing as a way to combat the spread of COVIC19. This article explains how social distancing can help ‘flatten the curve’ of contagion: https://www.vox.com/2020/3/10/21171481/coronavirus-us-cases-quarantine-cancellation
We will be cancelling some on-campus and in-person events due to public health concerns around the caronavirus. In addition to hosting Sunday worship services remotely, please note the following event updates for March. There may be changes, so check back frequently:
- The scheduled Sunday March 22nd open conversation after the service about shared ministry (and how to recharge the many congregational teams/committees here at UUCJ) has been postponed until later in the spring. We are continuing to monitor and assess the best health and safety practices for our beloved community. Until otherwise announced, our Sunday services are still being held, with the usual streaming and other off-site viewing options.
- Rev.Keller is regretfully cancelling her Margaret Fuller Tea and conversation on Saturday,March 21. She is observing strict social distancing for the duration of the pandemic situation, and will not be with us in Jacksonville for the indefinite future. She hopes—for so many reasons—to be back with us later in the spring and may schedule another
- Depending on RSVPs and possible changes in the caronavirus situation, Rev. Keller will be hosting the gathering in observance of Women’s History Month. Please let her know if you plan on attending: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rev. Keller will be holding remote pastoral care office hours Wednesday evenings from 7-9 p.m. Please contact her for an appointment at email@example.com or text her at 770-265-2193.
- Spiritual Studies will continue to hold meetings on campus until further notice.
- Playing with Ideas will continue to hold meetings on campus until further notice. For more information, contact Rose Ann Beason at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-477-8778.
Tina Ramey is our UUCJ Communications Director. Her grandmother Inga Huggins, who raised her, passed away on March 4, 2020 at 85 years. She died peacefully in hospice care. Our deepest sympathy goes out to Tina and Paul and their family.
Playing with Ideas meets 9:30-10:30 a.m. Sundays in the Anthony Room.
Note: Though our in-campus worship service is cancelled, Playing with Ideas will continue to hold meetings on campus until further notice.
Spiritual Studies meets 9:30-10:30 a.m. Sundays in the Channing Room unless noted otherwise.
March 8: God In All Worlds: Anthology of Contemporary Spiritual Writing by Lucinda Vardey. Current topic: Revelation: Archetypes, Myth, Ritual
Format: Relevant material to be read out loud by participants is provided by the facilitator or presenter at the beginning of each session, followed by a lively discussion. So, no prep or homework required, no need to purchase books, and ALL ARE WELCOME!
Note: Though our in-campus worship service is cancelled, Spiritual Studies will continue to hold meetings on campus until further notice.