Dear SHOUT OUT Team Members,
First, we’d like to share some of the fantastic news from our 6th annual Kuriakos Gathers Together
. Online for the second year in a row, this live-streamed event was a wonderful way to bring our community together for an evening of celebration.
Between a vibrant online auction and many generous donations, we successfully raised nearly $62,000.
For those who were not able to tune in, we invite you to share the energy of this event within your community. We continue to collect gifts toward our Anniversary goal of $91,000,
and everyone is encouraged to join in the success of the evening by donating, volunteering, attending a program, or supporting this ministry in other ways.
Please share the following information with your congregation. Either as announcements, slides, posters, bulletin inserts... It’s all provided in the newsletter and SHOUT OUT folder!
Volunteering to re-open our site
Hiring Summer Staff
- After closing our facilities for over a year, we’d love your help in preparing our site to host guests.
- We would like to spread out our visitors and can work with your schedule!
Host a Camp Sunday!
- We have received additional Canada Summer Jobs grants and are looking for a few more folks to join our team! Applicants must be aged 18-30.
- We’d like to work with you or young people you know!
Spring Bible Studies - on Zoom
- Congregations are encouraged to host a “Camp Sunday” in support of our partnership in ministry.
- Our staff would be honoured to join your congregation for worship!
- We can help with songs, liturgy, camp messages, etc.
- You can also access a recorded service on our website.
- 9am on Thursday mornings, or sign up to receive the recording
- May - Awe & Compassion with Rev. Daranne Harris (Calgary). She will be sharing some of her doctoral research.
Recorded Devotions for Your Worship Services
- We have produced five 3-minute devotions that could be used as a children’s message or personal reflection. Edit them into your recorded service or share them at in-person worship!
- Kendra Freeland, our Program Director, shares reflections on family and faith, based on Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (the Shema).
- Find them at the link above, or under “Resources” in our SHOUT OUT folder.
Though we’re not entirely sure what our summer will look like, we do know we’ll have opportunities for individuals and families to enjoy time at Kuriakos this summer. Watch for an announcement on May 17 about our plans for summer camp and campground opportunities!