Dear SHOUT OUT Team Members,
Mark your calendars… KGT is April 24!
Starting April 14, this month is all about celebrating the Kuriakos community as we come together to raise funds for the coming summer and our next 90 years. We’re excited to share some of the successes we have experienced through the past year, while also hearing the stories of community members from the past 90 years. Send us your favourite things, stories, photos, or memories
as we look to gather together despite being set apart.
Please share the following information with your congregation. Either as announcements, slides, posters, bulletin inserts... It’s all provided in the newsletter and SHOUT OUT folder!
for Your Worship Services
Renew Women’s Retreat - April 9-11 on Zoom
- We have produced five 3-minute devotions that could be used as a children’s message or personal reflection. Edit them into your recorded service or share them at in-person worship!
- Kendra Freeland, our Program Director, shares reflections on family and faith, based on Deuteronomy 6:4-9 (the Shema).
- Find them at the link above, or under “Resources” in our SHOUT OUT folder.
Kuriakos Gathers Together - April 24, online
- Explore different prayer practices, including Breath, Laughter, Colour, and Movement.
- Connect on Zoom and make space for a personal retreat at home
Spring Bible Studies - on Zoom
- Auction opens April 14, program on April 24
- We would appreciate donations of items or experiences for the Auction.
- We’re also collecting “91 Reasons to celebrate Kuriakos”. Please send us your stories or photos!
- 9am on Thursday mornings, or sign up to receive the recording
- April - “Baptismal Living” with Rev. Dr. Tom Johnson (California). He was our speaker at Retreat of Our Own in 2018.
- In this 4-week study, we will explore what it means to live as Baptised people. We will look at a Lutheran understanding of baptism, and discover ways to affirm and celebrate our baptism in our everyday lives, on special occasions, and in different seasons.
- May - Awe & Compassion with Rev. Daranne Harris (Calgary). She will be sharing some of her doctoral research.
Summer Program Information
- We continue to plan in hope for the summer season, dependant on a relaxation of current restrictions. Our proposed COVID procedures are available for review on our website.
- Summer marketing materials (poster, postcard/slide) are in the SHOUT OUT folder.
- We'd be happy to send you physical copies! We have printed many copies of the postcard… please consider enclosing a postcard in each Sunday bulletin.
We look forward to connecting with you over the next few months. Thanks for your help in sharing the work we do together.