Hello Fellow Marcher!
During President’s week, we encourage you to engage directly with your representatives. Make your voices heard during a week of action!
ACTION ITEM #1
Click here for a guide on taking action to have your voice heard.
ACTION ITEM #2
Attend a town hall meeting:
- Join Congressman Mark DeSaulnier (CA congressional district 11) for a town hall meeting to discuss the new administration and how we can work together to fight for progressive values and protect the rights of all Americans.
- Wednesday, 2/22/17, 6:30 PM – 8 PM, 935 Detroit Avenue, Concord
- RSVP and get additional details, here.
- Join Republican Assemblywoman Catherine Baker (16th assembly district) and Democrat State Senator Paul Glazer (7th senate district) as they co-host a bi-partisan town hall to discuss legislative issues impacting the community.
- Wednesday, 2/22/17, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM, East Avenue Middle School, 3951 East Avenue, Livermore
- To RSVP, call 925-328-1515.
- Join Congressman Mark DeSaulnier for a town hall meeting to listen to a presentation and legislative update, as well as ask questions and share thoughts on key policy issues and actions taken under the new Administration.
- Thursday, 2/23/17, 6:30 PM – 8 PM, Diablo Valley College, Cafeteria, 321 Golf Club Road, Pleasant Hill. Parking available in lot 8.
- For more information or to request ADA accommodations, please email CA11.RSVP@mail.house.gov or call (925) 933-2660.
- For details: click here.
ACTION ITEM #3
Call the White House:
- Call the newly reopened comment line at 202-456-1111 to express what is important to you.
Thank you to those who attended last Wednesday's Contra Costa County Board of Education meeting. There was a great turnout out to expel Jeff Belle, a school board trustee who openly expresses his approval of the Muslim ban. Orinda Progressive Action Alliance and Together We Will Contra Costa spearheaded this effort and urge you to follow up with thoughtful letters to the Board and to attend the next Board of Education meeting on Wednesday, 3/1/17 to advocate for our Contra Costa students who deserve better than Jeff Belle. The Women’s March of Contra Costa thanks the Orinda Progressive Action Alliance and Together We Will for their leadership!
If you have a local event of interest to marchers, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit our website at www.womensmarchcontracosta.org.