Fly Fish Minnesota Contest
14 species 14 weeks
Sponsored by Front 20 Outfitters, Adam Aikens Fly Fishing LLC, Northwind Sales & Marketing & Umpqua Feather Merchants
This event is designed to promote the wide range of fly fishing opportunities found in Minnesota and give fly anglers an opportunity to discover some new water and new species of fish. No cost to enter.
- Anglers can fish any waters within Minnesota.
- Contest dates: Monday, June 1st and concludes at 12:00pm on Monday September 7th. Individuals can register at any time prior to the start of the contest or at anytime during the contest with Front 20 Outfitters. Must register to submit fish for contest.
- Fly fishing tackle (includes tenkara) ONLY with artificial flies ONLY.
- Use of watercraft is allowed.
- Participants must abide by all MN DNR fishing regulations.
- ID numbers will be assigned and sent via text message/email. Participant will include their ID number with all photos submitted.
- Photos of each catch must be sent to Front 20 Outfitters via text or email. Include your ID number with each photo.
- Photos/videos must be CLEAR, and the SPECIES must be clearly identifiable.
- Please include “selfie” to confirm that you caught the fish.
- Photos are to be submitted as soon as you can. Photos will be posted on Front 20 Outfitters Facebook page and included in their newsletter.
- Anglers register and compete individually; however, competitors are allowed to fish together and assist in taking photos.
- You can submit as many fish as you like but each species will count only once.
- Prizes will be awarded based on who catches the MOST species during the competition. In the event of a tie, drawing will be held to award prizes.
Trout (all species)
Carp (all species)
Catfish (all species)
Sucker (all species)
Doug & Roxanne Harthan
Front 20 Outfitters Fly Shop & Guide Service
138 West Main
Perham, MN 56573