Winter Warming Update
Old Adamsville and Central Park Recreation Centers will be activated tonight, Sunday, January 23 at 8 p.m. until 8 a.m. Monday morning, January 24. Transportation will be provided by Fulton County from the Gateway Center at 8 p.m. with return transportation upon deactivation. Additional transports will be scheduled as needed.
Activation times are subject to change based on updated National Weather Service forecasts.
Salvation Army Cold Weather Program
Atlanta Mission Cold Weather Beds
- Free and open to men, women and families experiencing homelessness.
- Temperatures must be predicted to drop below 40 degrees from 9 p.m. and 4 a.m.
- Sober participants can present for intake at 8:45 p.m.
- Participants are asked to leave by 5 a.m. and are provided with lunch and list of community resources.
- 20 men, 8 women and 2 families will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- All participants will be provided with a mat and a blanket and required to sleep head to toe.
- No participant with a history of violence can return.
- All participants are searched for weapons and contraband.
- COVID-19 protocols are strictly enforced (temperature check, face mask, hand sanitation).
- Participants must provide proof of a “negative” TB and COVID-19 screening within seven days of their initial entry.
- A referral to the Fulton County TB Clinic and/or Mercy Care will be given upon request.
- Dates vary depending upon temperatures; between 11/13/2021 and 3/31/2022.
Gateway Center Warming Center
- 20 beds available for men at The Shepherd’s Inn when temperatures are below 35 degrees.
- Open to individuals experiencing homelessness at 40 degrees and lower on weekends.
- 35 single men; 5 single women; 2 families consisting of 3 individuals in each family.
- Agencies looking for an update on availability can call 404-215-6600.