From Sunday 19 September we’re making temporary changes to some buses in Hull and Beverley, to help us run services while we recruit and train more bus drivers.
We’re sorry we haven’t been able to run services to our normal standard recently, and these temporary timetables should help us maintain a more reliable service.
Along with many other industries, bus operators across the country are experiencing a shortage of staff, leaving our company with not enough drivers to operate routes each day.
The situation has worsened since the return of students to school and college last week, as we operate over 60 journeys to schools and colleges every day.
The problem has also been compounded by issues at the DVLA, where delays issuing licences to bus drivers means that the company has had to wait weeks, or even months, before newly recruited drivers can start their training.
The only services affected by the temporary timetables are the following:
- Service 54 will run every 20 minutes, instead of every 15 minutes.
- Services 56/57 will run every 20 minutes, instead of every 15 minutes.
- Service 63 will run every 30 minutes, instead of every 20 minutes.
- Service 66 will run every 15 minutes, instead of every 10 minutes.
- Service 105 will run every 30 minutes, instead of every 20 minutes.
- Hull Service 103 is temporarily suspended, please use Services 104/105 instead.
- Beverley Service 122 is temporarily suspended. Please use the Beverley Locals buses instead.
- All other services run as normal.
The full timetables are available on the East Yorkshire website.