Keeping You in the Know
In our last newsletter on December 30, 2016, we briefly shared our history as a 501(c)3, tax-exempt, non-profit organization. For the last number of years, our work has been focused on DAAWN, our signature tutoring program, and other programs which focus on youth. We continue to grow our organization with an exceptional group of committed volunteers and generous supporters.
During a recent Board meeting, we discussed the importance of keeping our supporters, volunteers, and donors "in the know" about the work of our organization. In that vein, we wanted to share the following:
- HS Srs., click here for criteria and to apply for our scholarships (May 15 deadline).
- Received new bicycles from First Midwest Bank that were donated to students.
- This semester's DAAWN tutoring sessions will continue through May 10.
- We will hold our annual DAAWN Volunteer Appreciation Dinner on Fri., May 19.
- Our Super Tuesdays' Summer Camp will run on Tuesdays from June 20-July 11.
- Our annual AALR Partner Networking Session will be held on Sat., July 15.
As we move forward, we continue to seek committed volunteers who are eager to support and encourage today's youth and make a positive and lasting impact on their lives. If you are one of those individuals and would like to volunteer with us, we would love to hear from you. Please go to our website at www.aalr4success.org for more information about our organization or email our president, Amania Drane, by clicking here.
If you or someone you know is interested in making a donation to AALR, please click here.
AALR Board of Directors
Amania Drane, President
Connie Brown, Treasurer
Juliet Allen, Secretary
DAAWN Leadership Team
Connie Brown, Chair