My product choice of this month is the Thieves Household Cleaner
For me the Thieves Household cleaner is the best cleaner ever. Beside the fact that I am able to get rid of all my chemical cleaners out of my sink cabinet, you don't need much to have the same effect as all these "other" cleaners.
I use it in a spray bottle with just water or sometimes some vinegar added to it. One cap on a big spray bottle is more then enough.
I use it to clean my counter, to clean my windows, to clean my floor (always check if your floor can handle it!), to clean my washroom/toilet/sinks, etc. I even use it to clean my oven, which have never been so shinny before.
You should try it. The worst thing what could happen is that you give it away to somebody else. But I can almost guarantee you that will only happen because you love it so they can try it too!
In the Thieves line there are also other products like dish soap, hand soap and laundry soap.
This month testimony is from Lisa C. fron Ontario, Canada. For her the power of the oils are a blessing and she can now have a better life. This is her story:
So 3 years ago today I tried my first Young Living Essential Oil, Panaway. We were in Thunder Bay for Christmas with my then 4 and 5 year old nephews and many more family members. I was downstairs in the basement alone and in the dark. My pain was excruciating, I had already been in pain for approximately 3 years. I had 4 teeth pulled and later found out there was nothing wrong with my teeth. I had severe nerve pain in the left side of my face and was barely functioning. I was on so many pain medications including the Fentanyl patch and much worse. My Mom came downstairs and offered me a little 2ml jar of Panaway. I was hopeless at that point of my life, my husband said to try it so I did. After one time I said I doubt this is going to do anything, but I'm gonna try. So I applied that oil lightly but often, I didn't use a carrier oil because I didn't know what a carrier oil was. I had no idea about Essential Oils. At that time I was on more medications than I can even think of or remember. I started using oils. I was unemployed for over 3 years at this point. I didn't want to spend money that I didn't have to. I ordered and canceled and then my Mom bought me a kit. Oh boy! That's when it really started. I was making pain creams and sleep creams and sharing with friends and getting to meet new people. Then I was booking tables at local vendor events. I just couldn't believe that these oils were actually healing me and helping me and I had to share it and learn about it. Today I am so grateful for everything I have been gifted. I drink NingXia Red, and Nitro daily for energy. I've basically traded the items I use to buy in a store to what I can get at YL. I use the shampoo, conditioner, foaming hand soap, bar soap, tooth paste, mouth wash, cleaner and am working to make my home chemical free. I would have never known there was a different lifestyle than what I was living if I hadn't tried that first drop and I am forever grateful! There is so much more to the story but I'm keeping a long story short. All you have to do is use the product and share it and it keeps giving back, its amazing! I'm so thankful I am a child of God.
One of the oils in your starters kit is Lavender
Lavender is one of the most well known plants used in the aroma therapy but also as a medicine.
This is a part of an article by Joseph Nordqvist. (Joseph has no relation with Young Living at all)
Lavender is an herb native to northern Africa and the mountainous regions of the Mediterranean. The herb is highly regarded for skin and beauty and is commonly used in fragrances and shampoos to help wash and purify the skin. In fact, the word lavender originally stems from from the Latin word lavare which means "to wash".
However, there are also many medicinal properties associated with lavender.
Lavender is becoming increasingly grown for the production of its essential oil, which comes from the distillation of the flower spikes of certain species of the plant.
Lavender oil is believed to have antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties which can be used to help heal minor burns and bug bites. Research has revealed that the essential oil of lavender may be useful for treating anxiety, insomnia, depression, and restlessness. Some studies even suggest that lavender can help digestive issues such as vomiting, nausea, intestinal gas, upset stomach, and abdominal swelling. In addition to helping with digestive issues, lavender is used to help relieve pain from headaches, sprains, toothaches, and sores. It is also used to prevent hair loss and repel insects.
Effectiveness of lavender
Fungal infections: A study published in the Journal of Medical Microbiology found that lavender oil could be very effective in combating the incidence of antifungal-resistant infections. Lavender oil was tested by scientists from the University of Coimbra in Portugal against a range of pathogenic fungi. The researchers found that the oil was lethal to a whole range of skin-pathogenic strains.
Wound healing: A study carried out at Celal Bayar University, Turkey, and published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine compared the effects of several treatments for wound healing on laboratory rats. The study authors wrote "Wound closure progressed more rapidly in the TENS and lavender oil groups than in the control and other study groups."
Hair loss: The Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database (NMCB) currently rates lavender as possibly effective for treating alopecia areata, a condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body. There is evidence that lavender can promote hair growth by up to 44 percent after 7 months of treatment.
Anxiety disorder and related conditions: Dr. Siegfried Kasper, Prof., MD, from the Medical University of Vienna in Austria wrote a Review Article in the International Journal of Psychiatry in Clinical Practice, titled "An orally administered lavandula oil preparation (Silexan) for anxiety disorder and related conditions: an evidence based review". Dr. Kasper concluded "Silexan had beneficial effects on typical co-morbidity symptoms of anxiety disorders, for example, disturbed sleep, somatic complaints, or decreased quality of life. Except for mild gastrointestinal symptoms, the drug was devoid of adverse effects and did not cause drug interactions or withdrawal symptoms at daily doses of 80 or 160 mg."
Dental anxiety: Lavender scent may help anxious dental patients, researchers from King's College London found. Co-researcher, Metaxia Kritsidima said: "A substantial number of people avoid going to dental surgeries because they are 'scared of the dentist', which can have a significant impact on their dental health. The anxiety experienced by these patients once they get to the dentist is stressful not only for them, but also for the dental team. Working under a state of increased tension may potentially compromise their performance, as well as lengthening appointment times. This is why finding a way of reducing dental anxiety is really important." Kritsidima concluded "Our findings suggest that lavender could certainly be used as an effective 'on-the-spot' anxiety reduction in dentists' waiting rooms."
Post-tonsillectomy pain in children: A team of researchers at the Isfahan University of Medical Sciences, Iran, carried out a study to determine whether aromatherapy with Lavandula angustifolia essential oil might reduce symptoms of pain in children after tonsillectomy (having their tonsils taken out). The researchers reported in the International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology that those in the acetaminophen plus lavender group used much less acetaminophen than the children in the other group. However, there was no significant difference in how often they woke up at night and perceptions of pain intensity.
Premenstrual emotional symptoms: Researchers from Shitennoji University, Kyoto University and the Center for Advanced Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, all in Japan, carried out a study to determine whether using lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) aromatherapy treatment might help alleviate premenstrual emotional symptoms, commonly known as premenstrual syndrome (PMS). The researchers concluded "The present study indicated that lavender aromatherapy as a potential therapeutic modality could alleviate premenstrual emotional symptoms."
Young Living doesn't know borders and is sold all over the world. If you like to get more specific information about Young Living in your country, please follow the link.
Every country has his own promotions and news. I have added some for you here. Please look at details to receive the free oils through your promtion in your country. One of the conditions is that you have to be signed up as a member (retail or wholesale or under the essential reward program). Canada:
News: Ring in the New Year with a restocked starter kit:
A new year is upon us with fresh focus on what really matters: the health and wellness of you and your family, and all things that bring happiness and joy.
Whether you or someone you know is making resolutions to be more active, get organized, or reconnect with family, happiness starts with small and simple daily choices. Set the tone for a joyous 2017 with a well-stocked Starter Kit to help you and yours turn those resolutions into reality with oils for everyday wellness.Reach any of the PV minimums in your January order to qualify for freebies that’ll restock your Starter Kit! PLUS, place your qualifying January order on Essential Rewards (ER)* and you’ll enjoy exclusive bonus oils at 100+ PV and 190+ PV. Happy New Year!
Promotions: - 100 PV or greater:
• Only Essential Rewards Members receive the oil Citrus Fresh; - 190 PV or greater: • All members receive Purification® essential oil and Northern Lights Black Spruce; • Only Essential Rewards Members receive additional the oils Copaiba and Citrus Fresh. - 250 PV or greater:
• All members receive R.C., Purification and Northern Lights Black Spruce essential oils; • Only Essential Rewards Members receive additional the oils Copaiba and Citrus Fresh. - 300 PV or greater: • All members receive PanAway, Purification, Northern Lights Black Spruce and R.C.; • Only Essential Rewards Members receive additional the oils Copaiba and Citrus Fresh. Learn more here about the promotions and offer details in CanadaUSA:
- 100 PV or greater:
• Only Essential Reward Members receive 5-ml Citrus Fresh Vitality; - 190 PV or greater: • All Members receive 15-ml Eucalyptus Globulus;
• Only Essential Reward Members receive additional 15-ml Eucalyptus Globulus, 5-ml Basil Vitality, and 5-ml Citrus Fresh Vitality; - 250 PV or greater:
• All Members receive 15-ml Joy and 15-ml Eucalyptus Globulus;
• Only Essential Award Members receive additional 15-ml Joy, 15-ml Eucalyptus Globulus, 5-ml Basil Vitality, and 5-ml Citrus Fresh Vitality. - 300 PV or greater:
• All members receive 5-ml Peace & Calming, 5-ml Helichrysum, 15-ml Joy, and 15-ml Eucalyptus Globulus;
• Only Essential Reward Members receive additional 5-ml Basil Vitality and 5-ml Citrus Fresh Vitality. Learn more here about the offer details in the USAUnited Kingdom: 10% Product Discount – Cool Azul 15ml 190 PV or greater:
• Slique® Bars, Slique® Essence
• Limited to one qualifying order (Standard and Essential Rewards) per member. 250 PV or greater:
• Slique® Bars, Slique® Essence, Cel-Lite Magic
• Limited to one qualifying order (Standard and Essential Rewards) per member. 350 PV or greater:
• Slique® Bars, Slique® Essence, Cel-Lite Magic, PanAway® 5ml
• Limited to one qualifying order (Standard and Essential Rewards) per member. Learn more here about the offer details in the United KingdomAustralia:
- 190 PV or greater: • All Members receive a Clarity 5ml Essential Oil;
• Only Essential Rewards Members receive a Thieves Dentarome Plus Toothpaste in addition to a Clarity 5ml Essential Oil
- 275 PV or greater: • All Members receive a Thieves 15ml Essential Oil in addition to a Clarity 5ml Essential Oil;
• Only Essential Rewards Members receive a Thieves 15ml Essential Oil in addition to a Clarity 5ml Essential Oil and a Thieves Dentarome Plus Toothpaste - 400 PV or greater: • All Members receive a Home Diffuser in addition to a Thieves 15ml Essential Oil and a Clarity 5ml Essential Oil;
• Only Essential Rewards Members will receive a Home Diffuser in addition to a Thieves 15ml Essential Oil, Thieves Dentarome Plus Toothpaste and a Clarity 5ml Essential Oil Learn more here about the promotions in Australia Learn more here about the offer details in Australia
To become a member you can follow the link to sign up. Please choose the right country!
Why would you sign up:
First when or if you sign up doesn't mean you have to start selling. This is absolutely not true. See it as becoming a member of eBay or Amazon. You buy online instead of in a store.
Become a retail member for FREE. Buy when you need something, you can buy something. No obligation to buy anything at all. (For Canadian citizens only: You can also buy products through my store for retail price)
Or become a wholesale member (distributor) and receive 24% off the retail price.
Be part of the Essential Reward program and receive even more extra's like a discount on shipping, extra points for free products and more free oils. You can only be part as of this program when you are signed up as a wholesale member. If you like to join the program right away, sign up as a wholesale member, sign up for the program and then buy you starterskit.