Dear <<First Name>>,
Where possible, we encourage you to pray in unison with others at these times:-
Monday 3-4pm; Wednesday 10.30am–11.30am; Friday 7.30pm–8.30pm
If these times are not convenient, please pray whenever works in your schedule.
During the course of the month, we’re focusing on reading the book of Ephesians.
This week’s reading is Ephesians chapters 3 & 4
There will be no weekly virtual meetings this time, but please join us for Zoom prayer meeting on Saturday 30th January, 10.30-11.30am. During this meeting, there will be an opportunity for anyone to share how you feel God has spoken to you during the prayer month.
Some suggested pointers for prayer this week
- Pray for the NHS as they struggle to cope with the growing strain Covid-19 is putting on their resources, with many medical staff completely exhausted and suffering deep emotional wounds.
- Pray for our children and teachers during the school closures, and for parents’ juggling work schedules and commitments with child care and home learning
- Pray for the often hidden sufferers of domestic abuse, as the number of victims and incidences sadly continue to increase during lockdown. The instances here in Lewisham are high. Please pray for these vulnerable people, often living in fear in their own homes, made worse if they now need to work from home. In many instances they may be unwilling or unable to leave their violent situation.
- Pray for the online Sunday services, that despite the present circumstances they may be vehicles for the presence and ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- Pray that we as the scattered church of Crofton Park may fulfil the purposes God has for us during this lockdown period. Pray for our neighbouring streets and local community, that we may be faithful representatives of the Good News during this pandemic, discerning and embracing opportunities to share the hope we have in Jesus in different ways.
- Pray for the USA, that the deep divisions in the nation may be healed, and for a smooth, peaceful and non-acrimonious transition of power on 20th January.
“Now all Glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us to accomplish more than we might ask or think"