Meeting of June 27, 2021
We invite you to pray for the members of the church council.
Pastor Reed Pedersen, Bryan Johnson, Emily Johnson, Bonnie Bandelow, Linda Papoccia, Kathy Atwell, Michael Carlson, Nick Swanson, Laura Rickey, Jeanine Lees, and Jeannie Westerlund
May God bless them, and direct their deeds in peace, that they may be faithful servants of Christ.
* The Council has begun signing up to help counting again. Each week two council members will help count the offering along with our Treasurer, Gordon Rehn.
* Bill Hiebert will be doing pulpit supply on Sunday, July 18, due to Pastor Reed being on vacation. Nick Swanson will lead worship. This will be a non-communion service.
* Pastor Reed let the council know that things are going well with the new church secretary.
* The date for the Congregation Meeting Concerning the Church Parsonage has been set for August 15, following worship. There will be a written document explaining all the options for the parsonage along with the council and property committees suggestion.
* Steeple Update: A crew from Indiana came and fixed the leak in the steeple that was causing water to drip onto the organ. They will be coming back August 4th to give a quote on renovating the rest of the steeple. They have asked to use our parsonage to stay the night since the nearest hotel is in Geneseo. The council has agreed that this is okay.
* Dennis Lehr, church custodian and bookkeeper, notified the council that he did not wish to do both roles anymore effective July 31st. He preferred the bookkeeper role, but asked for a slight raise due to the time commitment. The council voted to keep Dennis as Bookkeeper and approved the annual raise of $890 for the role.
* Diane Ladewig and Don Norberg said they would take on the full custodial role. The council voted and passed the expanded role.
* Next council meeting: August 22nd following worship