Roscommon Public Participation Network Members Update 19th October 2022
Please share this update with your members.
If your group would like to advertise an upcoming event or news piece, please send details to
Free Fundamentals of Volunteer Engagement Workshop
with Roscommon Public Participation Network and Roscommon Volunteer Centre
Save the Date! - Roscommon Public Participation Network in association with Roscommon Volunteer Centre will be running an unmissable workshop on the Fundamentals of Volunteer Engagement on 20th of October at 19:00 in the Abbey Hotel, Roscommon Town.
Follow the link below in order to book your place!
Board Roles and Responsibilities Training

Food Hub Training with Síolta Chroí

Community and Voluntary Training Needs Assessment

Are you an employee or a volunteer in a small, community based non-profit organisation, group or association? If so, we would like to hear from you and learn what training or supports you may need in this role. We would also like to learn more about your training experiences and preferences.
Pobal, on behalf of the Department of Rural and Community Development, are carrying out an assessment of training that may be required by members of small community and voluntary groups and organisations in Ireland.
You can complete the survey here (
The survey will take max. 15 mins to complete and is open until 14th October 2022.
If you have any questions about the survey or are experiencing any technical difficulties, please contact Pobal team at
We hugely appreciate you taking the time to complete the survey! It will help us to better understand how you can be supported in the valuable work that you do for your communities.
CLÁR 2022
Roscommon County Council are delighted to announce that funding of €498,167 was awarded to 12 projects from the Department of Rural and Community Development under CLÁR 2022.  The following projects were successful.
CLÁR (Ceantair Laga Árd-Riachtanais) is a targeted investment programme for rural areas that aims to provide funding for small infrastructural projects in areas that experience disadvantage. The aim of CLÁR is to support the sustainable development of identified CLÁR areas with the aim of attracting people to live and work there.  The Scheme is launched in March of each year. The scheme provides up to 90% of the cost. The remaining 10% match funding should be provided through community or other resources.   It is advisable for Community Groups, Sports Clubs or Schools who are planning to apply for CLÁR funding in 2023 for playgrounds, car parks etc. to apply for planning permission now.  If the project involves works on buildings or lands that are not in the ownership of the grantee, a minimum 5 year lease must be in place from date of project completion.   All of these would need to be in place at application stage.  For further information contact
In May 2022, Roscommon County Council were invited by the Department of Justice to put forward an application for funding through the  Community Safety Innovation Fund (CSIF) which was launched by Minister McEntee.  A National fund of €2 million was made available for 2022 to support the development of community safety through innovative, local community based initiatives. The fund, which was financed by the Criminal Assets Bureau, ensured the seized proceeds of crime were utilised to support community safety.
Roscommon County Council submitted 4 Projects for funding approval.  Notification was recently received  to advise that our application for funding was partially successful. The Panel  approved the funding of Roscommon JPC’s third submitted project ‘Support Digital Safety Among Adults/Older People in the community which would involve the provision of a Digital Safety Course targeted at adults and the aging population within the community’ to a total of €5,000.
Disclaimer – Publication in this bulletin does not constitute endorsement of content. Copyright © 2022 Roscommon Public Participation Network, All rights reserved.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Roscommon Public Participation Network · Aras an Chontae, · Roscommon Town, Roscommon F42VR98 · Ireland

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp