We talk a lot about prayer at West Vanceboro COG. And for those of you who have children or grandchildren, I wanted to send you some specific ideas.
Jon Bloom published an article at DesiringGod.org called Seven Things to Pray for Your Children. Here’s the link to the full article, click here but the seven items are below. I thought these were great.
1. That Jesus will call them and no one will hinder them from coming.
2. That they will respond in faith to Jesus’ faithful, persistent call.
(2 Peter 3:9)
3. That they will experience sanctification through the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and will increasingly desire to fulfill the greatest commandments.
4. That they will not be unequally yoked in intimate relationships, especially marriage.
(2 Corinthians 6:14)
5. That their thoughts will be pure.
6. That their hearts will be stirred to give generously to the Lord’s work.
7. That when the time is right, they will GO!
Why don’t you print out this list and pray one of these things each day for the next week?
As a parent, one of the most important things you can do for your children is to pray for them. A praying parent is truly a powerful influence.
P.S. If you’d like me to pray for your children, I’d be honored. Just reply and let me know how to pray.