Program Announcements & Updates
Consumer Innovation Practicum Deadline Extension
Colbey Reid has decided to extend the Consumer Innovation Practicum application until March 31st. If you haven't had a chance to submit your application, you can email her with your interest in the class. Please make sure you have completed MBA 561 Consumer Behavior, which is a pre-requisite.
Dr. Lu, Sylvia, and Daniel Kiang Scholarship for Chinese Students
Created by Sylvia Lee Kiang in loving memory of her husband, Dr. Lu Yu Kiang, and her son, Daniel Kiang to make education in the United States possible for Chinese students from around the world.
Students may apply who meet ALL of these requirements:
* Student must be of Chinese descent, at least one parent must be from China, Taiwan, or Hong Kong.
* Student may be living in the USA or in foreign countries.
* Student must score in the top 10% of relevant standardized tests. These tests may include SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, MCAT, LSAT, or other tests frequently used by major US universities to establish an objective measure of aptitude.
* Student must be accepted to a University of North Carolina system school for full time undergraduate study or graduate school, first bachelor's degree or first master's degree only.
* Demonstrated financial need will be considered.
The scholarship award shall be for a first bachelor's degree or a first master's degree only and shall be renewable if the student continues full time enrollment in an eligible institution, continues to have financial need, and maintains GPA of 3.2 for undergraduates and 3.5 for graduate students.
To complete the online application go to http://www.cumberlandcf.org/scholarships-2/how-to-apply-2/.
Deadline: March 31, 2017
SCRC Semi-Annual Partners Meeting
The SCRC will host it's semi-annual partners meeting on
April 20, 2017. Student tickets are free.
Net Impact Lunch n' Learn with Elizabeth Tutino with CREE
Event Date: April 7, 2017, 12:00 - 1:00 PM
Net Impact NC State and Business Sustainability Collaborative invite you to a conversation over lunch with Elizabeth Tutino, CREE Environmental Engineer on Friday April 7, 2017 at 12:00PM in Duke Energy Hall in Hunt Library. This event will explore overall trends in the technology manufacturing industry and what sustainability means to a company like CREE. Together we will discuss the practical challenges of integrating sustainability into a complex organization, and the successes of their growing program. Seating is limited. Details and RSVP.
Event Date: April 11, 2017, 5:30 - 7:30 PM
We are excited to announce that Elon University and NC State University have teamed up to present a unique event for students interested in learning more about B Corporations. Carpools will be organized from NC State to Elon. Participating B Corporations include: The Redwoods Group, Larry’s Coffee, T.S. Designs, HQ Raleigh, Lulu Press and others. Carpools will be organized from NC State to Elon. Registration is capped at 30 Elon students and 30 NC State University students, so register today! Details and RSVP.
Event Date: April 20, 5:30 – 6:30 pm, Talley Student Union Room 4280
2015 NC State graduate in Environmental Sciences Jarami Bond is the Sustainability Manager for Interface Inc., the world’s largest manufacturer of commercial carpet tiles. He will speak about his company’s mission zero and climate take back efforts, as well as personal advice on career success and global impact. Sponsored by Environmental Sciences Academic Program.
Pack for a Purpose Internship Opportunity
Pack for a Purpose's mission is to positively impact communities around the world by assisting travelers who want to take meaningful contributions to the destinations they visit. In the seven years since our inception, travelers have taken over 73,300 kgs (161,000 lbs) of supplies meeting essential needs in over 60 countries. Interns at Pack for a Purpose should be proficient communicators and collaborative thinkers, as well as be open to learning new skills. Interns at Pack for a Purpose work with social media and publishing content on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. They also conduct research as necessary to promote Pack for a Purpose across social media. They will also prepare the bimonthly newsletter. Please contact Rebecca Rothney at email@example.com. Include a resume and a cover letter with your phone number.
Nelson Hall After Hours Access
To access Nelson Hall after hours you must have submitted a request form to Donna Steinkogler in the Dean's Office. If you don't have after hours access, you can request it by filling out this form and turning into Donna in Nelson 2102
A reminder to those with access currently:
- Your after hours access is limited to specific doors. You can enter in the door to the main stairwell (this is near restrooms) and door near MIE. You do not have access to the main entrance, PCJ or door under PCJ.
- Please stay out of classrooms, faculty/staff areas, or department suites and mostly stay within the Graduate and MBA Lounge areas
- Keep your ID handy in case faculty/staff or campus security asks