You’ve heard the quote, “Life is tough, but so are you.” It’s true! Maybe you feel a little beat up or you feel better than ever. Maybe you're not feeling too much these days. Regardless of how you feel, you are winning in the realm of life. Here are some signs you’re kicking fear in its butt and going to the next level.
- You’re inviting the Holy Spirit, God’s presence, into the midst of your fears. You practice invitation over begging and pleading because you trust in the security of God's presence.
- You acknowledge your fears instead of denying them. You get real about what you fear, and you examine where they come from. This helps you move forward healthily.
- You sit with the problem instead of avoiding it. Avoiding our issues only makes things harder for us. So, you don’t avoid your fears all together. You approach them one at a time.
- You talk back to fear. I got this from my therapist. As you approach your fears, you listen to God and you talk back to fear. In that moment, you are a vessel for transforming the problem. You do this by talking back to fear while listening to God and speaking from God. You may have heard people in prayer say statements like they “declare and decree.” They are talking to back to fear and being God’s vessel for transforming the conflict.
- You stay in the present moment. You decide to “do it afraid.” In that, you experience the supportive force of Life. This experience of life begins to undo the mental patterns of thinking we're alone and/or fearing that something will be taken away from us. As Dr. Joe Dispenza says, “The present moment is very generous.” I find this to be very true in my practice.
As believers, sometimes we think when we experience any form of opposition, we must be doing something wrong or doing something right. What I know to be true now is that opposition is not solely an indicator of right or wrong doing. It’s a sign that we are alive.
Opposition is just as natural as gravity. Raising our Christ consciousness, cultivating our divine self-image, and practicing our humanity keeps us in the open space of experiencing the Most High’s Love.
If you’re kicking fear in the butt, celebrate your wins no matter how small. And if you’re not where you want to be, that’s okay. You can always start today, right where you are.