Teach For America Opportunities Fair 2020 Breakout Session Registration
Spots are filling up for breakout sessions at the Opportunities Fair. Visits the website and scroll down to click Register to save your spot for one of the great sessions below!
- Networking 101 (Block 1)- In this session, participants will be empowered to expand their networking horizons by being provided best practices and opportunities to practice networking with each other.
- Expanding Your Impact (Blocks 1 & 2)- Learn how other TFA Alumni continue to impact students' lives at all levels of the education system.
- Are You LinkedIn or LinkedOut? (Block 2)- Learn tips from a professional recruiter about how to create a competitive LinkedIn profile.
- Creating a Gender-Inclusive Environment (Block TBD)-explore traditional, socially constructed gender norms, and explore ways to make environments gender inclusive using the languages of love.
- Professional Teaching Certification (Block 3)- Learn about options for certification and receive individualized support for getting your professional teaching certificate.
- Equity & Art (Block 3) - Use a process of self-reflection to create an inspirational piece of artwork for your classroom or office.
- 1:1 Career Development Counseling (Block TBD) with Michele Mitchel, Director Alumni Impact
Alumni Town Hall 3 - February 29th, 10:30 am -12:30 pm
For the first time in Florida history, we’ve been granted access to district data so that we can better understand our current impact, and set goals for where we’d like to go in the future. We’ll be looking at our aggregated school and teacher alumni data to get a better understanding of our effectiveness, and use that to help us learn what more we can do to boost our impact. It would be amazing to have your thoughts in this space!
Support a Cereal Buffet Breakfast - Help the Alumni Board in hosting a Cereal Buffet (think college dining hall) in appreciation of our corps members and alumni at ACC 3. Show your support by donating a box of cereal to the office, donating $5, or helping to serve CMs from 8:15-9:00 a.m. on 2/29. Coffee, pastries and a second cereal breakfast will be available for Alumni at 10 a.m.