Today Your Gift to the CWP Will Be Matched
Dear creation care advocate,
2017 has been a difficult year for climate action. The United States pulled out of the Paris Agreement, and the world remains far from meeting its climate goals to prevent drastic global warming in the decades to come. People in Pacific Island nations fear their homeland disappearing. Natural disasters such as flooding in Bangladesh and the series of severe hurricanes in the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico regions were greatly exacerbated due to climate change.
Yet you and CWP have worked hard to bring the conversation back to our biblical call to love our neighbor and to be good stewards of God’s creation:
- You organized hundreds of CRC members and grew our project from 30 to 77 congregations!
- You sent over 1,000 emails and letters to lawmakers about climate policy.
- You sent a delegation to Bonn, Germany, to bear witness at the Conference of the Parties (COP) 23 climate negotiations.
- You co-led Acting in Faith: Evangelical Climate Advocacy Days in Washington, D.C.; gave advocacy trainings; and held over 70 legislative meetings with members of Congress on Capitol Hill.
- You helped congregations increase energy efficiency, resulting in reduced bills, and achieved ENERGY STAR certification with three congregations.
- You hosted over 15 public screenings of Before the Flood, From the Ashes,and Climate Conversation: Kenya.
. . . and much more! We have the tools to make change, and they are needed now more than ever.
Make your year-end gift go even further! When you donate to the Climate Witness Project as part of your year-end giving, the impact of your gift will be doubled by a generous donor. Our goal is to raise $1,500 today to help us reach our final goal of $3,000.
Let’s keep the momentum of the Climate Witness Project going! Give a gift today.
Thank you for your commitment to this important work! We look forward to advocating, worshiping, stewarding resources, and learning alongside you in 2018.
Director, Office of Social Justice