New course on how to use a validated tool to measure clinical outcomes
How do you get started in hospital practice? answering the question in blogposts and pdf
Research spotlight: Allina program article (Minnesota)
The first episode of ANF's documentary on acupuncture in a children's hospital has published
National Academy of Medicine's "Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-being and Resilience"
Website updates and opportunities for sponsorship of the Hospital Handbook Project
How to Use a Validated Pain Scale in Your Chart Note
Praise for the new short course:
"I highly recommend this course. It’s well-organized and relevant to clinical practice (including billing!), policy, as well as research. A must for the field!” -Lisa J. Taylor-Swanson, PhD, MAcOM, Assistant Professor, Health Systems & Community-Based Care, College of Nursing, University of Utah
Blog Highlight--How do I Get My Foot in the Door of Hospital Practice?
- This series has been posting over the past several weeks and will be available as a download-able pdf.
- Go here to pre-order the comprehensive download-able pdf. Every post has an extra reading and resources section at the end. Please share these posts with anyone you know who endeavors to work in hospital-based practice, especially if they work in allied health or integrative medicine. Thank you.
New since last newsletter:
If you missed those that posted in April:
Next posts in the series topic: volunteering in hospitals
- Spotlight on a research paper out of the Allina Health Systems of Minnesota, one of the Bravewell Legacy system programs,
- In early May, the National Academy of Medicine hosted its 3rd meeting of the "Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-being and Resilience".
- The Maternity Acupuncture Association (professional association) is running a membership discount for the next few months.
Updates to the Hospital Handbook Project Website
I am still working through learning how to use the tech on the website. I was able to create some new pages and links this month.
- Support the Project
- Work in progress--creating similar tabs for sponsorship of the two upcoming interview series:
- Paths to Practice--interviews with my hospital-based practice colleagues, building on the analogy of "Finding your Trail Guide" from the "Foot-in-the-Door" blogpost series
- Issues in Hospital Practice webinar series--first introduced as a Project needing funding in the Spring 2017 fundraiser.
May you have a peaceful Memorial Day weekend.