July 21, 2020
Dear KTC Community Members,
Last call for the KTC Singles Club Championship!
Registration ends Wednesday July 22 at noon for the premier event of the KTC tennis season. Call (542-2467) or email the club now so that you can be part of the fun, starting Friday evening and continuing through the weekend.
KTC Guidelines for a fun and safe tournament
With Kingston entering Stage 3 of its re-opening, KTC has eased some of the guidelines sent to members just a week ago. As always, these guidelines are intended to keep members, staff and guests safe and healthy.
None of us would want the stewards and others to play the role of 'enforcer', so it is up to each of us to respect and observe these precautions. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!
- Hand-washing and social distancing are essential. Please sanitize your hands before entering the KTC property; remain at a safe social distance from others (2 metres) at all times (except for those in your own family grouping).
- A sign-up table will be set up at the main entrance to the Club. Sanitize your hands, then sign in with your name and affiliation (player, member or guest). If you are not a member, you must also include contact information.
- Because of the confined space on the KTC grounds, we are limiting the number of people on the property to 50 at any one time. Therefore, for the early rounds of play, we strongly recommend just one spectator per player.
- Seating is available on the lawn area (please bring your own lawn chairs) and on the bleachers.
- For play on Sunday (semi-finals and finals), we will be able to accommodate more spectators while still keeping to a maximum of 50 people on the grounds. If we need extra seating capacity for the finals, we will set up plastic chairs on Court 2. (Please note that metal chairs are not permitted on the court surface).
- We ask spectators to find a good place to sit; then, as much as possible, avoid walking around the grounds to socialize and mingle. Please don't walk across the courts, which have been carefully prepared for the tournament.
- As a courtesy to others, we ask spectators to limit their stay to two hours, then consider giving up their seat to someone else who might be waiting. If there is no-one waiting, spectators are welcome to stay longer.
- Please leave the Club using the designated exit, and print your name and time of exit on the sign-out sheet.
- Please bring a mask with you and consider wearing it when you first sign in at the registration desk and when you are walking around the grounds. Masks are required for entry to the clubhouse.
- With the July heat wave still going strong, bring lots of water and consider bringing a small umbrella for shade. (There will also be a water station set up just outside the fenced area).
Best of luck to everyone. Have a fun, safe and successful tournament!
Instructions for Tournament Players
- Please check in with the tournament director or one of the volunteers on the deck 10 minutes before your match time, to pick up balls and find out your court assignment.
- Matches will be best 2 out of 3 sets (six game sets, tiebreaker at 6 games all). If the tournament falls far behind schedule, matches in the B, C, and D pools may be condensed to a 10-game pro-set.
- At the end of your match, we ask the winner to come to the clubhouse deck to return the game balls and report the score to the tournament director/volunteer.
- You'll find an online version of the tournament draw in Google Docs format, accessible via the KTC Twitter. We will do our best to keep this up to date with results and upcoming match times. Twitter will be the primary tool for communication throughout the tournament (rain delays, times for A-pool finals, etc.)
- A hard copy of the draw will also be posted on the deck bulletin boards. We ask that everyone be mindful of social distancing when navigating around the clubhouse area.
Tournament Prizes Galore
Trying to find that last bit of incentive to register for the singles tournament? Well we've got it... PRIZES galore!
We have a bounty of gifts for our Ladies and Men's Singles Champions thanks to generous donations from Maison Paul Coiffure and from Racquet Science. These include a well-being gift bag and bottle of Veuve Yellow Label (Maison Paul Coiffure), a $50 Racquet Science gift card, and a 2020 champion hat.
And it's not just our A-pool champions who will be taking home prizes. The Ladies and Men's A-pool runners-up will receive 2020 finalist hats, and our B, C and D pool champions will receive specially designed 2020 KTC T-shirts. When we said galore, we meant it!
It doesn't stop there. You don't even have to win a match to win a prize! With your entry fee your name will be entered into a raffle to win a gift from a selection of donated items.
Don't forget to sign up now! If not for the tennis fun under the sun, then for the PRIZES!
Racquet Science re-stringing pick-up and drop-off service
Larry, of Racquet Science fame and the above $50 gift card, offers a great re-stringing and gripping service for KTC members: he will pick-up racquets from the club every week, and drop off the finished racquets within a week. All payments made through Racquet Science. KTC member specials will be announced regularly.
For all your tennis needs in Kingston, check out Racquet Science.
Donna, Cole, Taco - KTC Communications
Follow KTC on social media to stay connected
and get the news as it happens!
Kingston Tennis Club is on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you're interested in tennis news on a global scale, tune in each week to Match Point Canada, the official podcast of Tennis Canada.
All available newsletters are archived on the KTC website. This year's archived newsletters can be viewed here; this is also where you can join our mailing list. If you would like to update your preferences, please click on the link to "update subscription preferences" below. IMPORTANT: to receive emails, please type a capital Y (and only Y) in the box that asks whether you want to receive emails.
Membership | Camps