Copy
ALZHEIMER'S HELP AND RESOURCES + St. Clair County Commission passes resolution in support of M4A and our BBQ Fundraiser Event
View this email in your browser
Share
Tweet
Forward

April 20 2017
Newsletter

M4A has new information about our Older Americans Month county picnics to celebrate our seniors during the month of May. To get more information on the other county picnic events, please click the button below.
Click Here for more information
THIS ARTICLE WAS PROVIDED BY ALZHEIMER'S OF CENTRAL ALABAMA.
Forecast:  60% Chance of Wandering
  
If there is a 60% chance of rain do you prepare and consider the weather in your plans?  Would you leave your car windows rolled down? After all, there is a 40% chance it won’t rain. 
 
Caregivers of dementia patients take a similar gamble when they don’t consider the very real possibility their loved one with dementia will wander – 60% of dementia patients wander at some point and many do so repeatedly.  This is the most dangerous, and potentially deadly dementia behavior.
 
Alzheimer’s of Central Alabama is working to reduce the dangers of wandering by providing Project Lifesaver bracelets that emit a radio tracking signal.  The bracelets have a 100% success rate in Alabama for safe returns.  ACA bracelets are available in Jefferson and Bibb Counties.  Most Alabama Sheriff’s departments and the Alabama State Troopers provide bracelets. The bracelets are not intended for patients who are driving because they can quickly get out of range.  
Click Here to Read More
Important Update: M4A is proud to announce the St. Clair County Commission has passed a resolution in support of M4A and our BBQ Fundraiser Event. The Resolution will be posted on our website soon!

Are you interested in helping to END SENIOR HUNGER! If so we invite you to join us for our BBQ fundraiser event in St. Clair County. All proceeds raised will be used to help feed seniors. Buying a ticket is simple. Click the button below to go directly to our ticket website.


Please share this event to help seniors in your community.

Click Here to buy Tickets
   Our mailing address is:


                                             P.O. Drawer 618
                                           
                                      Saginaw, Alabama 35137

                                            
                                     Our physical address is:

                                   
                                         209 Cloverdale Circle
                                     
                                     Alabaster, Alabama  35007
                                           
                                                
                       
                                                                
                      Contact M4A at: (866) 570-2998 or (205) 670-5770






This email was sent to <<Email Address>>
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Middle Alabama Area Agency on Aging · 209 Cloverdale Circle · Alabaster, AL 35007 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp