HOLA FROM GUADALAJARA,
1. We started a second service in our church plant. Since then we have grown 50% now with attendance between 300-350 people every week this summer with a couple of Sundays reaching over 400.
God's ministry in Guadalajara has been growing amazingly and He is using ordinary people here who are willing to let Him do the extraordinary!
These are some updates since our last email to you guys:
2. We celebrated another baptism service and 21 new believers were baptized in our church that day.
3. I was invited to teach a couple of classes at a Bible College in Morelia, Mexico three Saturdays in May. It was a great experience being able to pour into and train people for ministry!
4. Pastor Ross Geyer visited us from Fort Worth, Texas. He invested time in us and our church. What a blessing!
5. We hosted a parenting conference the last weekend in May with missionary friends Willy and Sonia Montllau, who visited us from Word of Life Argentina.
6. Mid-June we had a team that came from Christ Community Church from Charlotte, North Carolina. We were able to to work together to reach hundreds of people for Christ that week.
7. Also mid-June, brother Miguel Ibanez came from Bellevue Baptist Church from Memphis, TN and shared the message that Sunday about David and Goliath.
8. We were able to buy and install three A/C units right before summer season. Thanks for your support and prayers.
9. We got our church registration with the government. This is something that God worked out, as it is not very easy to get this in México and usually takes years before you can actually get it.
10. Our church was also recently accepted as part of the Mexican Baptist Convention, which will allow us to join efforts to reach more people with the Gospel of Jesus. We attended our first national convention in Tampico, Mexico.
11. We were blessed to go on vacation to the U.S. in July. Julio sang at Cross Church in Arkansas and at First Baptist Church Pasadena in Texas. Our children loved eating at their favorite restaurant ever...Chick-fil-A (when are they going to open restaurants in Mexico?). Thanks to our friends and family that hosted us during our various stops through Arkansas and Texas!
12. We just came back from our first youth camp. We took a bus with almost 50 students to Word of Life in Bernal, Queretaro. Several came to Christ and some are praying now to go and prepare for ministry at Word of Life Bible Institute. God continues to impact and transform lives!
1. We are praying for resources to buy the property that we currently rent for our church plant, which is also for sale. It is 1 acre. We dream with an auditorium that can hold 500-700 people, a property that can not only be a church building but also a community center that would allow us to connect more with people in our city, train leaders to plant churches, do family conferences, and so much more.
2. Help us pray for the celebration of our first anniversary as a church on September 9. We are planning for that day to be memorable, sharing the vision for the future and dreaming together as we give the glory to God for all He has done, as well as drawing new people to Christ.
3. Pray for the first 3 students we are sending to Cross Church School of Ministry this August: Jair, Debora, and Gezelle.
4. Please pray for a new church plant/campus, which we would like to start in Guadalajara next year.
5. For the mission team that will come for a week to help us from Memphis, TN this fall.
6. For more financial partners to be able to continue doing what we are called to do here.
We love you and are grateful for your prayers and financial support of our ministry.
To donate toward our ministry you can click here. All donations are tax deductible.