Hi <<First Name>>,
On mail-in ballot statuses: Many of you have voiced concerns that the status of your mail-in ballot has read "Ballot Received" for several weeks and not switched to "Accepted," meaning the vote has been counted. We saw an email from the Board of Elections indicating the switch to "Accepted" will happen only after the votes have been counted and the election certified. HOWEVER, some Indivisible Montgomery members reported their ballots that were received in early October have finally switched to "Accepted." We will keep trying to get more clarity on this.
Last night, the Supreme Court ruled
Pennsylvania and North Carolina could accept ballots that were submitted by Election Day, but received some days later. The rub is that the Court may revisit the case after the election and potentially toss late-arriving ballots. To ensure that we get a full accounting of votes, our job in our GOTV efforts is to make sure everyone, especially those in battleground states, vote on Election Day, during early voting or to deposit their mail-in ballot in a drop box or deliver it to an elections office no later than when polls close on Nov. 3.
To this end, some late minute canvassing opportunities have popped up in Pennsylvania. If you're interested, canvassers are needed in five locations--New Hope
, Northeast Philadelphia
and Lower Northeast Philadelphia
In addition, you can:
- We are running surprisingly short of our goals for people to phone and text bank at our GOTV events, especially over the weekend. Sign up now!
- Post on your neighborhood list serve reminding people that polling places have changed, and that they should make their voting plan. You can direct them to the Montgomery County Board of Elections - 777vote.org.
- Make sure you and your friends know your rights as a voter.
- Concerned about long lines discouraging voters from casting their ballot? Consider donating to Pizza to the Polls, a group that delivers to food to people waiting in voting lines.
- Join the Longmead Overpass demonstration! Our last night is Monday evening!
Let's get to work. There's an election to be won!