Events & Meetings
1. Sunday 17th May - 5.00pm to 6.30pm
'Fighting for safety at work, resisting job cuts and austerity'
An organising meeting for rank and file trade unionists to discuss the health and safety issues of this crisis and the economic fallout.
Co-hosted by Hazards Campaign and Shut The Sites.
2. Monday 18th May - 'How Organised Labour is Rebuilding the Red Wall'. 7.00pm to 8.30pm.
Join John McDonnell MP, Ian Lavery MP and Olivia Blake MP - along with Sheffield workers and organisers - to discuss how to rebuild the “Red Wall” with Labour. Hosted by Sheffield Needs a Pay Rise.
3. Tuesday 19th May
TUC CV-19 Council of Action hosts public zoom "mass meeting" - Let's Stop the Schools Reopening will be from 7.00pm until 8.30pm.
Join the meeting via this link:
Sheffield Trade Union Council has led a call for trades unions, health professionals, campaign groups and others to come together in collaboration to form the Sheffield COVID-19 Action Committee, which was initiated at an inaugural meeting by zoom conference on Tuesday 31st March 2020.
By bringing together existing groups and networks collaborating across Sheffield, we can coordinate political and practical demands for all residents of the city in response to the COVID-19 crisis, and so better defend the livelihoods and health of workers, their families and the community.
4. Friday 22 May 6.00pm to 7.30pm. - 'Why Palestine is Still the Issue'.
- Ilan Pappé - Acclaimed Israeli historian and currently a professor at the University of Exeter, Ilan has published numerous books on Palestine. They include The Ethnic Cleansing of Palestine (2006), Ten Myths about Israel (2017), and On Palestine - co-authored with Noam Chomsky (2015).
- Baha Hilo - Baha is from Beit Sahour in the West Bank, and has worked with various education and advocacy groups including UNRWA, FFIPP, and the famous Olive Tree Campaign. He currently works with To Be There, a political tourism initiative which provides educational programmes that seek to bring justice, equality, and freedom for all Palestinians.
- Rob Ferguson - An activist in the UK and a member of Free Speech on Israel , Rob is the author of Antisemitism: The Far Right, Zionism and the Left.
It is free but you will need to book.
See Facebook link here: