HAND THERAPY IS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE
YES YOU CAN SEE A THERAPIST
We hope that you and your family are all keeping well.
During these challenging times, your health and safety remain our number one priority. With the reintroduction of lockdown restrictions we wanted to make sure you’re aware what these changes may mean for you.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) in Victoria, have made it very clear that, during lockdown restrictions, you should still seek the healthcare you need.
If you’ve suffered a hand injury or are experiencing pain, it’s important to seek appropriate treatment.
The main points that you need to be aware of are:
Face-to-face appointments are permitted:
- You DO NOT need a GP referral to see our therapists.
- You CAN travel outside the 5km radius to receive healthcare (use your appointment SMS as proof of service).
- Telehealth is also available for the continuation of your regular care during lockdown.
- To prevent a significant change or deterioration in your ability to function in your daily life.
- If you have an acute injury that could be a fracture or need a cast/brace.
- Post operative rehab, wounds.
- If you are in pain requiring prescription medication.