Welcome From Our Director
Dear Friends of Zara’s Center,
Over the past two months, the Center has continued to make a positive difference in the lives of the children we serve.
In June and July 2017, Zara's Center:
- Served over 4,000 nutritionally balanced meals to our children
- Provided critical intervention in the areas of health and wellness
- Provided clean water to our own children and to the extended community
- Shared technology and office resources with local schools
- Introduced new arts programming for our youngest children in partnership with Lalela.
- Provided mentorship to our young adults who are aging out of Zara's programs
While we are very proud of these life-saving services, the most important thing Zara's Center provides is the opportunity for children to simply relax and have fun. When a vulnerable child with an unstable home has a carefree day filled with fun and learning, Zara's Center has truly succeeded in its mission of being a safe haven.
Indeed, the best part of my job is getting to hear the children’s laughter, watching them play in the sun, and hearing them break out in spontaneous song while preparing for lunch. What a privilege it is to witness such moments, especially when one remembers the painful situations in most of their homes. At least, for the time they are here at the Center, they can momentarily forget their hardships and have fun as children should.
I hope you enjoy the photos and updates below and thank you for your support for the children we serve.
Executive Director, Zara’s Center