As you may or may not have heard, Governor Reynolds in her Monday news conference has granted libraries to open with restrictions on Friday, May 1.
However, the Lied Public Library in Clarinda, Iowa will remain CLOSED as we plan our reopening strategy what allows the library to operate in the safest possible way for our staff, volunteers and community. We are planning a phased rollout of services, so bear in mind that, once we do open, services and operations may change and may not look like they did prior to our closing.
Actions your library is taking...
- All in-person Library programming and meeting rooms access will be suspended until at least June 1st
- Library-To-Go Curbside Service is ACTIVE and items can be picked up 24/7 using our new lockers by the book drop!
- The library is operating with limited staffing Monday thru Friday between 9:30 am to 5 pm
- The Library Board voted on April 16th to
- invest an additional $2,000 into eBooks available in our Bridges program
- waive all existing late fees accrued (this excludes fees for lost/damaged items)
- open as soon as we can safely do so
Actions your library has already taken...
- All items are now due May 18th or when the library reopens, there is no need to renew these items and no fines will accrue. If you wish, you may return items to the library's outdoor book drop.
- The library's wireless internet (Wi-Fi) is accessible 24/7 on the library grounds and is free, but please keep social distancing in mind.
- You can access many resources online with your library card, from downloadable movies, eBook, audio books, comics and even crafting lessons and foreign language software.
- If you need access to a fax machine or a computer please give us a call at 712-542-2416.
When it comes to your health, be sure your information is from a reliable source. For timely and factual COVID19 information, you can trust the resources listed on our website homepage.
- The library has been posting activities, community notices and news on our Facebook Page, you can access and read these even if you are not on Facebook.
- The library has been hosting online Book Clubs via Zoom and is planning additional online programs and events over the next few weeks.
- The library has been busy with many projects while we've been closed
- Interior Painting
- Building Maintenance and Repairs
- Curbside Service that Averages 10-20 Pickups/Day
- Inventorying and Updating the Collection
- Cleaning Out Areas of the Library
- Updating Technology and Software
- Providing IT Support for City Council Meetings
If you have additional questions or concerns, please feel free to call the library at 712-542-2416.
Be safe, healthy and happy,