1) We continue to have fun in our OMA CLASSES. Kinder is learning how melodies go up and down. First grade learned a song about vowels and have been playing the xylophones. 2nd grade is starting work on composing their own yucky ingredients for a musical witch's stew!
2) CHOIR is also doing great! I am looking forward to singing with them next SAT OCT 26, 10am at the 2nd St Fall Festival!! I have uploaded some new songs, so please check out the GOOGLE link for NEW music to be practice at home.
3) RECORDER kiddos! Kiddos have gotten their white belts! And hopefully they are practicing their yellow and orange belt music now at home. We will begin testing next week. Exciting times! I do keep track of (and reward) students who remember to bring their recorders and folders to class every Wed. Please Encourage your child to practice - just 10 minutes in the beginning (3-5 times a week) is a really great start. Anything more than that is excellent!
4) BAND and ORCHESTRA kiddos are already rocking!!
a) PLEASE remember to bring your instruments on your assigned day (T/TH for 4th grade and W/F for 5th) I do not have extra instruments - especially in band!! Sometimes I do, but the idea is for kiddos to be responsible. if your child forgets three times, then I ask that the instrument stay at school for a while. Thank you for your help!
b) Please remember to CARE for the instruments. They should NEVER be left longer than 10 minutes in a hot car.
c) Please PLAY WITH and PRACTICE your instrument!
! Having these wonderful instruments at home and not practicing them is like having a fun friend around that you never bring out to play.
**And remember: LOGGING practice and getting parent signatures gets KUDOS for your kiddo!!
d) I am available every Wed, Thurs and Fri morning from 8-8:30am to work with your child if they are struggling. OR... if they are wanting a challenge, I can also move them ahead if they are ready to move beyond what we do in our short time in class together! :) Thank you! and it's FREE!! yippee!
5) OMAPalooza is in December! Mark your calendar! Tues Dec 17 at 3:30pm in the courtyard. You don't want to miss this awesome culmination of the semester in OMA! Every grade level is featured and every student is involved. We even feature several songs where everyone in the school sings together. yay!