1) We continue to have fun in our OMA CLASSES
. We are about to start learning all our fun songs for OMAPalooza! Look for links to music to practice at home and lyric sheets in upcoming newsletters.
2) CHOIR is also starting new songs for the holiday season!
kiddos! We have been testing for yellow and orange belts! After this point the music gets a little more challenging! Please Encourage your child to practice
- just 10 minutes (3-5 times a week) is a really great start. Anything more than that is excellent! LOG YOUR PRACTICE and get KUDOS!
3) BAND and ORCHESTRA
We are working on our 3rd and 4th levels - to earn our stickers as well! Practice practice practice please!
a) PLEASE remember to bring your instruments on your assigned day (T/TH for 4th grade and W/F for 5th) I do not have extra instruments - especially in band!! Sometimes I do, but the idea is for kiddos to be responsible. If your child forgets three times, then I ask that the instrument stay at school for a while. Thank you for your help!
b) Please remember to CARE for the instruments.
c) Please PLAY WITH and PRACTICE your instrument!
! Having these wonderful instruments at home and not practicing them is like having a fun friend around that you never bring out to play.
**And remember: LOGGING practice and getting parent signatures gets KUDOS for your kiddo!!
d) GASCHO HELP: Does your child need some extra help on his/her instrument? I am available every Wed, Thurs and Fri morning from 8-8:30am to work with your child if they are struggling. OR... if they are wanting a challenge, I can also move them ahead if they are ready to move beyond what we do in our short time in class together! :) Thank you! and it's FREE!! yippee!
4) TALENT SHOWCASE - Is your child interested in sharing a special talent they have with the school? Start thinking about participating in our ANNUAL TALENT SHOWCASE! (Takes place at the end of Jan/early Feb) Packets for trying out for the showcase will be out by the end of NOV - packets need to be filled out BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR WINTER BREAK!
5) OMAPalooza is in December! Mark your calendar! Tues Dec 17 at 3:30pm in the courtyard. You don't want to miss this awesome culmination of the semester in OMA! Every grade level is featured and every student is involved. We even feature several songs where everyone in the school sings together. yay!