The 2022 Breakthrough Junior Challenge is on! All the details for this year’s Challenge are now posted at breakthroughjuniorchallenge.org.
If you’re 13 to 18 years old, and have a passion for science or math, you can enter this year’s competition. We’re inviting you to make a short video up to a maximum 1:30 (one minute and thirty seconds) in length, explaining a big idea in physics, life sciences or math.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Choose a concept or theory in physics, life sciences of math that’s important to understand but challenging to explain.
- Create a short video (no more than 1:30 – one minute and 30 seconds) explaining it in an engaging, illuminating, and imaginative way.
- Submit your application between before the deadline – June 25 – and take part in the peer-to-peer judging.
The Challenge Prizes:
- $250,000 College Scholarship
- $50,000 Prize for winner’s teacher
- $100,000 Science Lab for winner’s school