The Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. is a wonderful example of a man who followed the Lord's call on his life in spite of what it would cost him. He stated, "Use me, God. Show me how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a purpose greater than myself." In the end, his willingness to fight for justice for those being oppressed, would cost him his life. Though most of us will never lose our lives for what the Lord has called us to, we will often need to make sacrifices in order to be obedient to our Savior. May we all reflect on who the Lord has made us to be, the gifts and resources he has blessed us with, and consider how we may use those blessings to love well and serve others!
At ICM, we place a strong value on honoring and acknowledging the strength and love that our placing parents possess! We have the privilege to work with parents who are willing to sacrifice their wants for what is in the best interest of their child. I can't think of a picture of deeper love than a mom deciding that she cannot provide her baby with the life they deserve and in turn, choosing adoption for that child. I look at the parents who utilize our Safe Families and Parenting Partner programs and can't help but be inspired by their decision to temporarily allow their children to live with a host family in order to give them the chance to stabilize their situation before their children return home.
I ask that this month, you pray for our placing families! Ask the Lord to give them wisdom and strength and thank God for their willingness to sacrifice for the well-being of their children.
Praises and Prayer Requests
1. Thank the Lord for the success of Safe Families Sunday and the families who have expressed interested in serving within this ministry!
2. Thank the Lord for two new families who have expressed interest in pursuing becoming Parenting Partners!
3. Praise God for the ongoing financial support of our donors!
4. Ask the Lord to continue to grow our volunteer and donor base!
5. Ask the Lord to provide for the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the families we serve.
BECOME A CHAMPION OF ICM
You can help us encourage and restore families across Illinois. Discover all partnership options by clicking the "Donate Now" button.