We hope you are keeping safe and well.
Unfortunately, we still do not know the exact date when The River Club will be allowed to fully reopen by the government though indications are that this could be as early as 4th July or soon afterwards, which will be great news.
We will continue to freeze all Membership payments until we are allowed to open, and annual membership will automatically be extended.
Some outdoor activities are however open, as below:
- The Car wash is open every day between 8am and 6pm.
- The golf course is available, but you need to bring your own equipment.
- Personal Trainers and Bootcamp are training Members, If you wish to book please visit the Club website for their contact details.
- The tennis courts are open though government guidelines must be followed.
- There is a new tennis programme from June 15th run by Tennis Avenue Academy. To book a court, arrange for Coaching or join in cardio tennis please visit our website for further Information
- Cheryl and her team are still offering free virtual online classes on our Facebook page. Join in the River Club Community Page for information on live outdoor classes!
When we are allowed to open there will be some changes to the way the Club operates.
We are following the advice from the Government as well as from UK Active who represent Clubs in the UK. This advice is constantly changing so once we are allowed to open, we will keep you informed of any changes. We have outlined the main points below to allow us to open safely:
- 2 metre distancing rule when checking into Reception and a one-way system introduced with extra exit points to help with social distancing. Information will be around the Club to promote social distancing.
- Class sizes will be reduced, and a roll call taken by the Instructor rather than checking in at Reception. There will also be 10 minutes between classes to allow for cleaning.
- Aqua Classes sizes will be reduced and a limit of people swimming at the same time.
- Cardio and gym equipment will be spaced out to promote social distancing and/or a maximum number of Members in each area at any one time.
- Enhanced staff training and cleaning throughout the Club with attention to high touch points such as door handles.
- Hand sanitizers/wipes will be available throughout the Club and posters to promote good hygiene.
- Perspex glass at Reception and membership card self-check in.
We will keep you informed so please continue to check your email and our website/social media for further updates.
Thank you for your support, and for the best wishes that we have received from so many Members. We hope to see you back in the Club soon.
Stay safe and best wishes,
The River Club Management