Wanneroo Flag Marshal Association are taking bookings to help driver's get off their P-Plates.
The flaggies have ongoing issues with drivers showing up on the day of the event without prior arrangement/contact and this is causing issues for the Chief on the day, Please be aware t's not just as simple as putting a driver into the flag point.
The WFMA can be contacted to book in trackside participation
Preferred contact is by email
as there are a number of people monitoring it.
Dani Meyn, President/Chief Flag Marshal can also be contacted on
0408 918 229 but please be aware you may need to leave a message during business hours and phonecalls won't be returned until after 7pm during the week.
What to bring on the day
- Lunch is provided (as long as the competitor books in by Tuesday before the event and WFMA confirm there are available places for trackside participation)
- Water and soft drinks are provided
- Ear protection (ear plugs) and sun screen are provided
- Please wear:
o Closed in shoes
o Long pants (eg jeans) - absolutely no shorts
o Short or long sleeved shirt (long sleeve is preferred due to the elements, black/grey/white are the preferred colours but as long as it isn't red/yellow/green/blue)
- A hat is recommended (wide brim is always preferred over cap)
- Sun glasses or safety glasses are recommended in any weather
- A jacket is always recommended, regardless of the weather (if you are located on flag points near Turn 5 and Turn 6, there is always a crosswind, which can be very cold in winter)
- If snacks are usually eaten between breakfast and lunch, please bring these along
- Don't forget your licence for Chief Flag Marshal's signature (but if you do forget, it isn't the end of the world, just hunt us down at the next event)
- Competitors can do one (1) full day event or two (2) half days to meet the trackside participation requirement on their licence
Trackside participation can be done at any race event at Barbagallo Raceway or Collie Motorplex.
There are currently no available places for 30th July for any more competitors due to existing bookings for the event but if there is someone urgently needing to participatein the Bathurst 12 Hour event or Bathurst 6 Hour event, please contact Dani asap if 30th July is urgently required
If any members have any questions, they are welcome to contact Dani on the above contact details.