December 12, 2017
Dear Praying Friends:
It is always surprising to me when I come to the end of another year and write this December letter. Time really does fly doesn’t it? I want to give you a brief update about our ministry, share with you some plans for the new year, and then make you aware of a few end-of-the-year needs about which you can be praying.
A Brief Update about Our Ministry
This has been a very full year of ministry and we have literally taken the gospel from coast to coast here at home as well as around the world. Micah Self was able to return to Malawi, Africa (it was his 3rd trip there) and also make his first trip into India. Hundreds heard the gospel and many responded to it, turning to Christ from their Idols and their sinful lifestyles. Many churches were strengthened in the faith, and more churches were started. Here at home we preached many revivals and evangelistic services and are ending the year with full hearts that God has allowed us to see so much fruit. Our Men’s Conferences, Couple’s Retreats and Family Conferences were very well attended and these also evidenced much life-changing fruit. Micah and I were also privileged to preach in a variety of teen and junior camps and these are always blessed too. Each week resulted in souls saved, and lives touched and changed by God’s Word. I am so thankful for every opportunity we had to preach Christ. He is a wonderful Savior!
Some Plans Regarding the New Year
December is special for many reasons, and one of those is that we get to be home most of the month. That is a rare treat for each of us. It is, however, a busy month because it is the month we finalize plans for the new year. And 2018 is shaping up to be a great year. Revival meetings are scheduled in every month! I am speaking in 3 separate Prayer Advances as well as a variety of Couple’s and Family Conferences. Bethlie is scheduled to speak at a Lady’s Conference in Gatlinburg. Micah and I are both preaching in several youth camps and Micah is making plans to return to India and Africa. Several other trips are in the works and we are hoping to add Honduras and the Philippines to this year’s schedule as well. While our schedule is sometimes a logistical nightmare, it never ceases to amaze us that we get to serve so many of God’s people around the world. What a privilege that is!
End of the Year Needs
Without a doubt, your prayers are a vital key to the success of the ministry we have. We could not do it without you. Will you pray with us and for us about these matters:
- Micah Self’s financial support needs. He is doing some deputation as the opportunity arises but many are supporting him on the basis that they have already seen his ministry first-hand as we have served in local churches for the past five years. It is a worthy ministry to support.
- Special needs:
- We have purchased a replacement truck and need to install a hitch ($1000).
- We have need of purchasing a tool box for the truck as well as replacing several sensors ($1000).
- We need to replace the roof on our RV and estimate that the cost will be between $5000 and $8000.
- Ministry needs:
- Wisdom as we make plans for our international ministries.
- Good health for our entire team.
- Continued financial provision for our budgeted needs.
- Souls saved and believers revived in our coming meetings.
Thank you for being a part of our ministry and lives. Thank you for every gift you give. Thank you for praying for us and encouraging us and for simply being our friends. Bethlie and I, along with Micah, wish each of you a very Merry Christmas.
We love you.
Your sincere friend,