Did you know that local educational agency homeless liaisons have ten specific duties under federal law, one of which is to provide professional development and other support to school personnel?
Effective training for school personnel on homelessness is especially important in light of the impact of the pandemic, and the current economic and housing crises. Additional outreach and support will be necessary to ensure that children and youth experiencing homelessness are identified, enrolled, re-engaged, and supported.
We’ve updated and refreshed our awareness and training resources, including:
- Flyers and Infographics
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- Customizable Powerpoint Presentations
- American Rescue Plan Tools and Resources
- Email Templates
- Tools for Specific School Staff
- Short Legal Summaries
- Sample Materials from Local School Districts
- Youth Connection Resources
- Spanish Language Resources
- Q&A From Our Inbox
- Directory of State Homeless Education Coordinators and Local Homeless Liaisons
- Supplemental Resources