Learn and Serve Day
Prairie Habitat at Marywood - June 7
We welcome Wild Ones of River City Chapter to spend a morning of learning and working to maintain the Prairie Habitat at Marywood (PHM) on Friday, June 7, from 10 AM-Noon.
The PHM is located on the corner of Fulton and Lakeside Dr. SE. Parking is at Marywood Health Center, 111 Lakeside Dr. SE.
Our plans are to do a quick sweep around the PHM to:
Our work plans include:
- identify early-blooming native species and where they may or may not be thriving;
- identify non-native species and ways to reduce their number;
- consider elements for selecting sites for six native species that have been ordered.
- pulling or clipping grass seedheads on the perimeter of the PHM;
- digging, pulling or clipping invasives from the inner part of the PHM;
- if time, selecting, marking and prepping a site for new plants
Tools/supplies suggested if you have them: garden gloves, clippers, trowel, kneeling pad, boots or sturdy shoes, drinking water. A couple of spades may be helpful. Recommended: long pants, long sleeved shirt, hat.
Any questions do not hesitate to contact S. Lucille at email@example.com
or call 616.558.4915. Looking forward to sprucing up the PHM and learning with you.