Hello Youth Focused Evaluation TIG Members,
It is that time of year again to begin thinking about submitting a proposal for the AEA Annual Conference to be held in Washington DC, November 6-11. Proposals are due by 11:59pm March 16th!
1. As you prepare your proposals, we are preparing to review them! We need 15-20 volunteers to review proposals. Please let us know if you are interested in being a TIG reviewer this year. Time commitment will depend on the number of proposals and reviewers we get, but we would need your availability sometime between April 1-15th, 2017. Last year reviewers were asked to read 3-5 proposals and provide written feedback, using the evaluation template. The time commitment is usually 3-4 hours to read and comment on proposals. We would love to have you involved. To volunteer click here.
We're also excited to share with you the YFE TIG Newsletter for Winter 2017 with information about participating in AEA 2017, some exciting upcoming events and opportunities, new resources, and other information about the TIG.
To prepare for AEA 2017 we have three requests:
2. We encourage you to submit a proposal. We have had a growing number of available conference sessions over the past few years and we look forward to building additional support for our TIG this year.The theme for this year’s conference is From Learning to Action. You can learn more about the theme on the AEA website: http://www.eval.org/page/evaluation-2017-proposal-submissions.
We encourage proposals that join these to the Youth Focused Evaluation TIG. As you think about how to craft your proposal consider the following ideas as related to YFE:
- Innovations in designs of youth focused evaluations
- Lessons from youth-focused evaluation studies
- What works to improve use of youth-focused evaluations
- Lessons from others outside of evaluation that supports high quality youth-focused evaluations
3. Finally, last year in Atlanta, the TIG organized a visit to a local youth program as part of our conference agenda. Those who went had a great time and we would like to know if TIG members want us to organize a site visit as part of the 2017 conference agenda. Also, if you have any site locations to recommend, please let us know. Click here to send suggestions.
If you have any questions about preparing for AEA 2017, please contact Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Susana (email@example.com), Program Co-Chairs.
Also, don't forget to check-out the YFE TIG website for new resources as well as updates on events and opportunities. Remember to sign-up for the YFE TIG Google Group (yfe-aea) and to like us on Facebook. Please contact Julie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nick (email@example.com), Communication Co-Chairs, if you have any resources or events you would like to share with members.
The Youth Focused Evaluation TIG Leadership