Happy Sunday! I have some exciting news to share!!!
Dr.Charles Ikem of Italy and I are happy to announce the launch of our new global online course 'AIX'
AIX is a 6 week fully online course for designers and product managers on DriverlessWorldSchool.com
We've opened the course homepage today here
with curriculum, intro video and lots of details with a free intro video for each week. Enjoy it, pass it onto friends.
We plan to market, listen for any gaps to fill and build excitement for next 10 days and will open registration on Oct 2nd (for 8 days). So help me tell UX Designers and Product Managers.
AIX course covers:
1. Designing for AI - tools, techniques, best practices
2. Humanizing and Genderizing Voice
3. Adapting to future Data Design Jobs.
Bonus: Hands-on project with a business hackathon to showcase student's work at the end.
Bonus: Two Guest speakers who work with ML-UX and with AR in the car.
Subscribe to my YouTube as we plan to share a video every day till Oct 2nd to tell you what is covered in each week's session of AIX course so you can get some free preview lessons.
Here's an AIX playlist I've created for you to watch the daily premiere lessons. Ping me if you'd find it useful to get an email daily for 7-8 days with a free lesson introducing you to each concept covered in the AIX course. AIX is about designing for AI with a focus on the AV. It could be voice, AR, VR, Mobile AP, new jobs, and practical design tools etc.
Humanizing the Car at our Weekly Wednesday Live
This week at our Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A, we spoke about Humanizing the car. I showed Perceptive Automata (a Boston based Deep Learning AV startup). They have a DL model to look at humans on the road and figure out their intent to move to augment the LIDAR data. We had fun discussing how a self-driving car can use this model for inclusive mobility.
Here's the Tweet thread of our Weekly Wednesday Live, feel free to add a tweet.
Next Weekly Wednesday topic is AIX - Designing for AI in the Car
Dr. Charles Ikem will join me to talk about this exciting topic and how designer's jobs are changing with AI in the Car.
1. Subscribe to my YouTube and the live link will show up when I go live (Wed 9am pt/18 cest/1pm Brazil)
2. Goto Livestreamed Lessons on DriverlessWorldSchool and check last week's archive or join this week's Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A
My Upcoming Classes:
1. Tell your friends about my next Stanford Continuing Studies "Autonomous Vehicle Business: An Intensive Bootcamp" course registration on Nov 9/10th. I need to know from past students by Sep 30th if you want to join current students during lunch.
2. Here's the curriculum of my new course online "AIX" course that I've co-developed with Dr.Charles Ikem of Europe about AIXDesign in Autonomous Vehicles. This course will help designers and product managers who work with AI Engineers in Autonomous Vehicles and other AI driven products. Course will run fully online for 6 weeks from mid-Oct with lifetime access to the archive after that. (Reg opens on Oct 2nd).
Signup to know when registration opens for AIX course. Starting Sep 20, I'll start sharing a free mini-course sample for all who have joined the stay-informed list. So tell your friends who are designers or product managers.
1. I went to the ClimateStrike to join 4 million people around the world and feel scared and inspired about Climate Action. I have been talking about 2030 as the year of the DriverlessWorld with Autonomous Vehicles. It was shocking to hear that 2030 is also the year after which the climate changes will be irreversible. Ping me if you have ideas and actions about how we can use technology to help with Climate Action. One obvious one is to get our cars to become sustainable. What else have you got that I could work on?
Here's Greta Thurburg's talk to EU Parliament in April 2019.
2. Here's an IoT, AI powered Exosuit to help runners. It is a soft robotic system developed by a partnership of researched from Harvard, Chung-Ang University in South Korea, and the University of Nebraska Omaha.
3. A robotic priest from a 400 yr old temple in Japan. This is real news. I was amused by the 'devot robot' but question why the robot looks like a woman? AIX should be about humanizing and gendering robots and AI.
If you miss our Weekly Wednesday Live sessions, check the archives at Livestreamed Lessons.
Feel free to unsubscribe below if this is not useful for you. Forward to friends to subscribe if they'll benefit.
Remember, I am here to help you on your learning journey.