Happy Sunday. Hope you are all staying safe and thank you to everyone who is doing your part to petition and show support for the protests about BlackLivesMatter.
This week, I am thrilled to welcome a new cohort of students to the #PathtoAV program online. Tell your friends as we have open slots to onboard a new set of students in the June back next week. (Details here).
Upcoming activities and learning resources:
1. Monday June 1st, 10am pt: LinkedIn Chat #PathtoAV about AV Business models and getting to Level5
Join a LinkedIn Chat with David Kerrigan on this exciting topic. We will update the LinkedInChat link on #CareerPivot on DriverlessWorldschool. (No registration required to join for free)
2. Wed Jun 3rd, 10am pt WeeklyWed #PathtoAV speak: Igor Tryndin of NVidia talks about Car Cognition (and more)
Igor Tryndin is my student from my AV Business bootcamp who works as an AV engineer at NVidia. He will be our guest speaker on Wed (Igor is not representing NVidia and brings his own personal expertise on the topic). Signup at CareerPivot to get a secure zoom link to get free access to this talk (current PathtoAV students will be given priority) Click on Image below to see #GhostAI in the #AutonomousVehicle by Igor in the past.
3. June 3rd, 1pm pt/4pm Chile time: Seminario web gratuito CareerPivot to Cognitive IoT (In Spanish)
Tell your Spanish friends interested in learning about Cognitive IoT (free registration here)
4. Here is the AV Dataset I showed in the Business of AV Data (Here's the Berkeley BD100 Dataset).
BD100 dataset contains GPS, environmental and weather diversity data. It covers 10 tasks in image recognition. Includes road condition, drivable area, Instance segmentation (pixel level identification of image) and lane marking. Reference paper: Published at IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2020. Citation: arXiv:1805.04687v2 [cs.CV]
Question for you to ear a free Business of AV class sesssion: Pixel segmentation is a form of computer vision pixel level labeling that shows each car differently by its color. If you look at the pixel segmentation of a car what business use case will you use it for? Email your answers to earn a choice to get a free Business of AV Data course.
5. See Dr.Alex Fossel's guest talk to #PathtoAV AV Masterclass summary from last wednesday here about AI and AV in Smart Agriculture
6. Upcoming PathtoAV classes open for registration for June classes. Talk to me or tell your friends if you want to join June cohort or if you want to audit one class session for free.
- AV Masterclass runs on Tuesdays 10am PT/19 cest (with David Kerrigan)
- Business of AV Data class runs on Thursdays 10am pt/19 cest (with me and Alexandre Vargha of Volvo)]
- DigitalTwins in the AV (mini-course) runs from June 18, 2020 10am pt for 3 weeks (with Alexandre Vargha of Volvo)
7. Monday Jun 1st, 9.15 to 1.230pm AI in the COVID19 + AI - The Road Ahead at Stanford online (free registration)
Best wishes for your learning journey, I am here to help you.