Happy New Year 2020!!!
Welcome new students getting this newsletter for the first time!!! My aspiration is to help you on your learning journey with my weekly newsletter. If not useful, feel free to unsubscribe (link at the end of this email). If you are my student, you can still email me and I'll always find time to help you.
I wrote my book 'IoT Disruptions 2020' in March 2016 while I taught BUS20 'How to build a successful business with Internet of Things" class at Stanford Continuing Studies as a dedication to my students as we discovered how the success of the connected, autonomous world was all about data.
Join me for our #WeeklyWedLive (YouTube link in here) and I'll answer your questions about where to focus in IoT + AI Disruptions in 2020.
I am excited to share that I reviewed my IoT Disruptions 2020 book to see which of my futuristic predictions are real and what is still futuristic.
Three areas I believe where AI (led by data from IoT) is changing lives and disrupting business are:
1. Digital Mobility: My Students Autonomous Vehicles Business class know how Autonomous Vehicles is about smart mobility impacting cities and many industries.
2. Digital Health: Healthcare is changing to precision medicine with wearables, IoT biosensors driving AI, and predicting disease onset set to save lives.
3. AI in Sustainability: The New Year Drone show in Singapore to welcome 2020 is an example of sustainable use of technology.
See the Drone show by clicking the image below.
Join me on #WeeklyWedLive with your questions or share your experience on what are you focused on to pivot your career to IoT, AV and AI in 2020.
My first article of 2020 about data powering design of AI in Buildings from elevators to restrooms. (here)
Do you need to learn Machine Learning or Product Management for Data Science? Surprising, well written Quora answer here.
Learn the difference between UI, UX, Information Architecture (IA) and Interaction Design (IxD) (This is helpful if you are my AIX (Designing AI) student on DriverlessWorldSchool. Talk to me if you are exploring this topic to learn about working with AI in Product Management, Design or Business Solutions)
Sudha's AI course:
Mar 14/15 2020: Artificial Intelligence Bootcamp for Product Managers and Business Managers at Standford Continuing Studies.
. Reg open, fills on first come first served basis). Feel free to talk to me if you want my input if this course will help your goals.
CES 2020 :
Jan 6th, Las Vegas: CES has become the autonomous vehicles showcase event.
CES has a series of livestreams planned. Look at the schedule here
to plan ahead.
- Smart Cities innovation (Monday 10:15am pt)
- Mobility Solutions (Monday 1.30pm pt)
- Collaborative Driving & Future of Trust in Mobility (Tues 10am pt)
- Chief Privacy Officer Roundable (Tues 1pm pt) Apple is joining the discussion in the same panel with Facebook.
- Innovation in Transportation (Tues 2pm)
- 5 G Predictions (Wed 10am)
Announcement from Toyota, Nest Cam, Apple's HealthKit, many 5G promises, Alexa Voice everywhere is expected!!!
I plan to live tweet some interesting sessions and will bring you some analysis at our #WeeklyWedLive ok?
(I have no affiliation to any brand or company)
Jan 30-31, San Francisco: Applied AI/Deep Learning Summit
Best Wishes to continue your learning journey, its never late and you can always find time.