Happy Sunday! As you shelter at home, I wish you safety and good health.
After much soul searching, I have decided that the best I can do in these challenging times is to mentor you to skill-up and network for new opportunities with IoT, AI and Autonomous Vehicles.
Free Career Pivot Webinars and IoTDay Learning sessions:
1. IoTDayCamps session videos are going out starting Monday for 10 days as daily lesson as IoT PODS emails (Product, Operations, Design/Data for Digital Transformation Sessions. Haha I am so proud of the acronym my team came up with. Do you like it?). I have to limit how many registrations I can take because it costs me storage online and emails on mailchimp which allows me gdpr compliance of access your emails. Register or tell friends to get these sessions at bit.ly/iotdaycamps before Monday (US time).
2. Pivot your career to IoT + AI webinar for LATAM,US/Europe (Signup to join secure session here).
I am planning a series of webinars on how to pivot to IoT + Artificial Intelligence.
Each session will introduce what is AI, IoT use cases and where are the jobs in IoT and what are some transferable skills from your current role to get those jobs.
- US: Wed April 22nd: The first webinar is at our weeklywed live at 9am PT. I'll run it like a webinar instead of our usual live Q&A. Signup to get access to Zoom and can ask questions.
- EU: April 27th: Next is with NGI Community with the help of fundingbox Spain in Europe daytime.
- LATAM: April 29th: I will do the webinar for LATAM with Sebastian Marra of Argentina with a Spanish segment on April 29th in collaboration with IoT Innovatech Chile.
- Asia: I plan to cover this session for IoT-Center Pakistan for a closed group of students. Happy to offer the same for more schools/colleges if your students will benefit from it. Let me know. ok?
Signup for a FREE session of your choice. Also ping me please if you can help me reach people or group or college who will benefit in your local region.
WeeklyWed with IoTDay #HeforSheIOT Hafiza Palwasha Tauqir
We missed Hafiza live at IoTDayCamps as she was busy hosting IoT Day Pakistan. So she joined us on our #WeeklyWed Live and shared her amazing journey with IoT R&A as a IoT And AI researcher.
See Hafiza Palwasha's R&D projects using guide below:
min 12.40 - Hafiza's intro
min 14.36 - Smart Grid Line loss reduction
min 27.37- Local Internet connectivity with a balloon as a base station (isn't this similar to what Facebook is trying to do)
min 40.30: Data lesson from IoT sensor data
min 33:33 - Beam Switching and Selection using machine learning for data rate.
min 42:10 - Smart waste management system
min 52 - Need for IoT ecosystem (she calls it social connection)
New Planning an AV Course Series with a Capstone Industry Project (Need your Input):
My Business of AV Data course online is open for a new cohort starting mid-May and I am wrapping up my AIX course cohort.
I am planning to offer a series of 4 class to help you to pivot to Autonomous Vehicle space with a project option to give you real industry experience to give confidence + add to your resume.
The 4 series of courses planned ( 6 weeks /2-3 months online each to an annual certifcate program)
1. Autonomous Vehicle foundation
2. Business of Connected & Autonomous Vehicle Data
3. AIX - Designing AI in the Car
4. Capstone Project to work with a company on a real project.
Students who have taken my course in Stanford or DriverlessWorldSchool can join the capstone project. New students will have to take 2 of the course before choosing the capstone project.
The goal is to give you a solid foundation, help network with industry speakers, develop the right terminology, understanding of ecosystem and finally arm you with a solid work project to be able to change jobs or make a transition in your current company if the option exists. I will offer a mentoring session like I do with my current courses to help you build your course goal.
Share your feedback by emailing me back. I will be expanding my team with some brilliant minds in AV and AIX space as additional teachers and will announce the course signup once we adapt this to your input.
Update on my Portuguese IoT Disruptions 2020 Book:
Amazon has rejected my book asking to mention the word COVID19. So bear with me as I get a revised version soon.
Stay Safe. I'll see you online at our weeklywed live at our webinar this week.
Its never late to continue your learning journey, I am here to help.