This week Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A, my student Renee Manneh, spoke to us about AV Operators and Testing at our Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A.
I am on a quest to get us all the details of how the car is becoming a software on wheels and what are the job roles in testing the AV, collecting the data and sending it back to the AI Engineers to train the AI and get us to Level 5.
You can see Renee sharing her experience as AV Operator at Waymo and Voyage.auto and what are the job roles in AV Operation and testing in Livestreamed Lessons archive of our Weekly Wednesday sessions.
Here's the Tweet thread of our Weekly Wednesday Live, feel free to add a tweet.
Next Weekly Wednesday topic is AV Perception and Maps.
You can join our Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A in two ways:
1. Subscribe to my YouTube and the live link will show up when I go live (Wed 9am pt/18 cest/1pm Brazil)
2. Goto Livestreamed Lessons on DriverlessWorldSchool and check last week's archive or join this week's Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A
Here's a 2 Min recap of Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A. Tell me if its useful for me to add these for each Weekly Wednesday Sessions as a followup. Subscribe to my YouTube.
My Upcoming Classes:
1. My next Stanford Continuing Studies "Autonomous Vehicle Business: An Intensive Bootcamp" course registration is open. The course runs weekend of Nov 9 and 10th.
- Please tell you friends who will benefit to signup.
- New Speakers Added:
- Paula Bejarano , Director of Operations, UDelv will speak about AV startup landscape
- Lauren Maffeo will speak about about Training Data for AI in the Car.
- Ping me if you are my past student and want to stop by at lunchtime to mingle with new students and listen to a new speaker session.
2. "AIX" Course I am co-developing with Dr.Charles Ikem of Europe is about AIXDesign in Autonomous Vehicles and beyond. It will help designers and product managers who work with AI Engineers in Autonomous Vehicles and other AI driven products. Course will be fully online for 6 weeks and run from mid-Oct.
How do you create Customer experience for products and services interacting with an AI? What are new data designer jobs, what are tools, persona development, User research for Machine Learning based products?
I am looking to invite 2 speakers to join online to speak at the AIX class on DriverlessWorldSchool. Ping me if you have a speaker referral for a UX Designer who works with AI. Thanks in advance.
If you or a friend would like to stay informed when AIX course opens up, please signup here. We will be sending some free course content as we get closer to the launch date from Sep 20th onwards. This will be a limited size class that we'll fill on a first-come-first-served basis with global Designers and Product Managers.
Tell me when registration opens for AIX Course.
1. Car companies eager to replace rear and side view mirrors with Cameras (Read here).
Reply to this email or tweet me on this thread with your answer to why is this beneficial to car OEMs.
Europe and Japan have approved this already. Toyota Lexus ES in Japan has camera for side mirrors and Audi e-tron will sell in Europe with cameras from December. NHTSA has an open comment period for this in US.
2. Tesla has expanded into Auto Insurance but says they will not use car data about user behavior. What do you this is the strategic reason for this move? (Good analysis by Justin Bariso)
I started our Weekly Wednesday LiveQ&A to share educational material about AV Business, AV data, b-models and smart mobility. In the past 3 months, we have built out a focused discussion about mobility jobs in Product Management, Business Development, Design, and more. Join our weekly Wednesday sessions on Livestreamed Lessons on DriverlessWorldSchool. Pass it onto friends interested in AV space as we have 18 hrs of weekly sessions as a monthly membership at $9/momth (can cancel anytime too).
3. Remember Aleksander Poniewiersky of E&Y who spoke at our class about Value from IoT Data? He has published a new book called "Speed" which is about how the time is ripe for a cascade effect of innovations in companies.
4. David Stephenson has an article about his "Circular Economy" concept about how companies are becoming circular in terms of process flow and communication (instead of top down) because of data being shared internally. (here) I have interviewed David earlier on The IoT show if you want to checkout what is "Circular Company."
Need your input: Should I host a Tweet chat with David and Aleksander on this topic? I would like to hear about what industries are seeing the speed of innovation cascade, driven by data sharing as companies become circular.
Let me know ok?
Sep 19: Washington DC: Gail Gottehrer who spoke about GDPR for AV Data at our Stanford AV Business Bootcamp is going to speak about "Tech Truth, Hype and Skepticism” at the 4th Annual Thomson Reuters Government Conference.
Oct 2-3rd: TU-Automotive West in San Jose, CA (I am speaking here, stay tuned for updates)
Oct 8-10th: Arm TechCon in San Jose, CA has many interesting IoT and AV sessions.
Ping me if you want to share an update or wish to contribute in any way to my projects or can help any of your fellow students.
If you miss our Weekly Wednesday Live sessions, check the archives at Livestreamed Lessons.
Feel free to unsubscribe below if this is not useful for you. Forward to friends to subscribe if they'll benefit.
Remember, I am here to help you on your learning journey.