We want to wish you a very Happy Easter! Our prayers are that it will be a blessed time celebrating the awesome gift Jesus provided for us when He offered up Himself that we might live and never see death!
John 11:25-26: "Jesus said unto her, 'I am the resurrection and the life: he that believes in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.Do you believe this?'"
This month it was exactly a year ago the Lord so graciously blessed our work with this blue double cabin Toyota.
We noticed that there was a lot of wear and tear in the tires and so for safety reasons had all four replaced. We thank the Lord for His faithful supply making it possible to be taken care of.
This vehicle is a big blessing to the work and carries many heavy loads. Here we are collecting pizza bases, bread, etc from Lion’s Club for distribution in the Sir Lowry’s Pass Village and surrounding areas.
The Soup Houses are especially geared for the children. As seen here the bread and pizza bases are a most welcome supplement to the soup and other food served. We are at times called to collect on extra days and it often arrives “just in time” as they are out of bread wondering what to offer!
We want to THANK OUR dears friends who so generously donated a bakkie full of food for one of the Soup Houses in Sir Lowry’s Pass.
And again a big THANK YOU to Lion’s for the provision of bread, etc.
This month we also collected 14 boxes of Weet-Bix. To our delight, and especially that of all the happy recipients, the boxes this month were double sized the usual and we even received a couple of extra boxes! Thank you!
The Weet-Bix was distributed in Sir Lowry’s Pass and Nomzamo to ECD centers and the main soup kitchen in Sir Lowry's Pass!
100 liters of milk was also collected and likewise distributed in Nomzamo and Sir Lowry’s Pass!
JOYCE'S SOUP KITCHEN:
We THANK Woolworth’s who has consistently supported Joyce’s Soup Kitchen for a very long time. Seen here is an especially large collection. As seen the pot continues to be a great help and blessing in feeding the many!
And the pizza bases are also greatly appreciated and used in feeding some of the most needy villagers.
Here Philip delivered a powerful message on the importance of our Faith Walk and praying in faith. Many later commented that this teaching had really spoken to their hearts.
Here our Dream Team (consisting of those who are willing to be counted on to arrive early in order to set up for the service, etc.
Rita teaching on the importance of doing the Word, not only hearing it.
It has been a pleasure for me to have started to help head up the Kids Church. We have big plans for our training of these little ones. Here we learned about JOY one of the fruit of the spirits, and we all made happy smiles!
Philip and I are presently running three Bible study groups (Life Groups) . The photo here is not of a Candle Light service but rather learning to overcome adverse circumstance and not let it hinder or slow us down.
On a different night Philip is leading three young people to the Lord and inviting the two young men to our ‘Men of the Word’ group!
Two of our students were baptized this month. It has been inspiring to see the growth and transformation taking place in the lives of those who wholeheartedly commit to their walk with the Lord!
One of the newest projects of the Lion’s Club is to set up a library in one of the schools in Strand. Everything will have to be dome from scratch: Shelves, getting the needed books, etc. We are happy to say that the lady that made this donation of beautiful Encyclopedia books to us also is a former teacher and librarian herself and has offered to help set up once the project reaches that stage!
NOTICE: If any of you have educational or otherwise wholesome books for students that you would like to donate to this project please contact us. We will be happy to collect! We thank you in advance.
Hebrew 13:8 “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever!”
We are so thrilled to be able to report to you some of the amazing thing the Lord has done this month, although His signs and wonders take place all the time all around the world.
* We received a late in the evening request from T. to please pray for her sister. The doctor had said that she would not make it till the morning, due to a number of ailments. We prayed for her, as did T. The next day we were told that the sister had woken up and was able to respond and answer questions except she didn’t know the date or day of the week. A few days later we heard that she had sat up in bed and had eaten. A few days after that we heard that she was well and had been released from the hospital! We give God the glory for His wonder working power. In fact the sister, the night she was so sick, had been placed next to a lady that had passed away from Covid that night! Also, when on her “death bed” as it had appeared, she had received Jesus! Praise God for His love and compassion! Before all this these two sisters had not been very close, but their relationship has been restored and T. one of our students is now able to minister to her sister.
* L. had asked prayer while in church. When contacting his the following day he said that the pain was still there but had moved. We prayed and rebuked the spirit of infirmity and he has been well since then!
* S. had been unable to eat for several days, but after prayer the Lord dcompletly healed her and she was again able to eat as normal.
* A. Whom we prayed for last month whose stomach had been very swollen is now 100% restored. There is no evidence of there ever having been a swelling and she is eating normally and healthily. Praise the Lord for His goodness.
* What stands out for me is that we need to represent God accurately and minister to people out of a pure heart, not to build our own kingdom or improve statistics. We should point people to Jesus and make his name known - sharing the Word and speaking the truth that sets people free. I also believe that the only one to bring and give Glory to is Jesus in all we do.
* God's honor is higher than any other. When we respect our leaders and do our whatever God wants us to do with humility He will lift us up. May God help us to always first seek His Kingdom and appreciate what He give unto us.
* Amen! Humility is to say I have enough , let me now help others, and look what I can do to partner with God in establishing His kingdom on the earth. For God is the one who enable us to get the power us to get good things in life. So we must praise and glorify God for everything, never forget to thank Him. God is good all the time!
* It's so very true, that when we focus on own feelings, our own selfishness or self centered behavior, we will get angry and that is really pride...I know that from my experiences...and I never thought of it as pride...I thought it was something I was born with...I just pray to God, so he can take away my pride , I don't want to be a proud person anymore, and I don't want to be angry anymore, in Jesus Name.
* Very true Humility doesn't speak evil or slander a brother or sister. It doesn't judge in anger or repay evil for evil. Humility summit itself to God and lets God take care of its defense, true .Vengeance is for the Lord, Amen. Help me Lord not to have this terrible temper in my life. l resist it in the name of Jesus Amen.
With much love and gratitude for your love, support and partnership,
Philip and Rita
Antonios Michalitsis, FNB, Branch: 200912 Account no. : 62633037082
Rita Olsen, NedBank, Branch Code: 114145 Account no.: 1043639810
For those of you that are abroad and would like to contribute please be aware that besides PayPal there is also the SEPA option as we have an account in Europe:
IBAN DK28 3000 3719 9434 70
And if you are new to our work and would like to partner with us on a monthly basis we invite you to please contact us for further details. We look forward to hearing from you!