Dear family, friends’ partners, and supporters,
We are so very grateful for each and every one of you and for the privilege of being able to work together to change our little part of the world. It is really amazing what can get accomplished when we join forces and seek the common good.
The following photos are a small glimpse into some of the highlights of this month. In the first photo, our lead pastor S. Holegrove is teaching and ministering in Sir Lowry’s Pass, Afterwards, we had a 3-hour leadership training session after enjoying a delicious meal cooked by Shayne.
The Kids’ Church teachers recently started teaching two weeks in a row. At the end of the two weeks, the children then come upfront at the end of the service and do a 5-minute presentation of what they learned. Here they presented the fruits of the Spirit and sang a song. —Below is a photo taken of all our precious mothers, foster mothers, and grandmothers whom we celebrated this month!
Philip teaching at one of our weekly Life Groups. We ourselves presently lead three studies, but many of our former students are now running their own groups as well, Praise the Lord.
On the following pages, we have tried to give an idea of some of the many loads of food/supplies that were brought to the needy. These supplies provided over 2000 cooked meals WEEKLY and did not include the meals cooked from the main kitchen seen here, or the other Feeding Schemes we have such as the Food Bank, pizzas, etc. distributed.
Part of what was not included is the meals cooked from the two loads of food brought weekly to the main kitchen, as well as an innumerable amount of pizza bases/bread/rotis/cereal.
One of the twice weekly pick-ups from Woolies!
Donation from Ladles of Love. These donations help to support 4 different kitchens. We hope and pray that we will be able to continue to receive this support.
From Ladles of Love! This gave birth to a new project ministering to HIV/AIDS patients.
100 liters of milk donated monthly!
In spite of all the wonderful contributions of food, we still need to do regular shopping for various items such as protein, cooking oil, soya mince, refilling of gas bottles, veggies, etc.
Seen here is some of the shopping done. However, as mentioned carrots, cabbages, potatoes, onions, etc was also bought to help supplement. Again we thank our partners and donors!
The photos here and some of the following portray some of the many people very grateful for our united efforts. We also thank the faithful and hard-working cooks that never miss a beat. It is sad to think of the many children that must queue up a long time just to get a bite to eat, and that is regardless of the weather. Thankfully they do get to eat something.
The Dr. GJ Joubert school in Strand is setting up a library and we donated to the project a computer, a projector, and a large stand-up white projector screen.
We also thank our newfound friends who generously donated children’s books, puzzles, etc. which was/is a big blessing to Emily’s Play School in Sir Lowry’s Pass. Thank you!
This month we celebrated Philip’s birthday with a nice meal out. A real treat. Thank you so much for this nice treat from a precious friend.
We would like to say that we are really inspired when we receive reactions like the ones below. It shows that the entrance of the Word has given light and understanding. (Psalm 119:130)
· Amen!! Only God is the author and the finisher of our faith. Only His grace can purge our sin away, no one and no law. Faith came by hearing and hearing by the Word of God. And by meditating on the Word and an intimate relationship with Christ we receive the knowledge of what is the will of God and receive forgiveness.
· That's so awesome..let every ear listen to this ...as we all grew up in the law /sin and his bondages but now thanks to our Lord Jesus Christ ...we are now saved by His Grace, His Goodness, and Mercy ... Let's Praise His Holy Name forever...His Love is awesome.
· Awesome truth about this message is how we can relate to God is by Grace and by putting faith in that grace. The mere fact that Christ died for us while we were yet sinners blows my mind and not because of our performance. Such love THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!
· Very true! Our own righteousness will not grant us anything good but we are more than conquerors through Christ. Glory be to God for His love upon us!!
· Well said, if your focus is on God there is nothing that's supposed to matter and no time to check on others' faults. Rather take it all to God and ask Him to help us to help others. What a revelation! Don't condemn cause God gives us grace, peace, and love, no condemnation. So we preach the Gospel to the drunkard not judge or condemn them, for God died for all of us, so they need our help, not judgment. So help us Lord and thank You for Grace, mercy, and Salvation.
· What stood out for me is actually understanding that Paul is drawing a comparison... If you accept that God loves the sinner., '' Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath through Him. God loved me as a sinner, how much more now that l am saved. I should maintain my relationship with God the same way as l was first born again. My born-again spirit is always righteous and holy in God's sight and l need to see it like that.. Amen. Placing my entire faith in the Gospel... Awesome. Message.
· Wow thank you Lord for the grace you showed us which was greater than our sin, true Grace is supposed to be ruling and controlling our lives. We are in Christ and under the New covenant, GRACE reigns through righteousness into life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
· Run to win "towards the Word, not away from it. Going to church, study the Word, fellowship with other believers doesn't make you holier, it will make you love God more. It enlightened your mind to understand the Word and who you are in Christ. Such an eye-opener, and therefore I am thankful to Jesus His for us never change, and study of the Word only strengthen our relationship with Him
· Amen!! Our minds can be powerful when it's renewed, and be a good tool in God's Kingdom. It all depends on us as children of God to renew our minds for God needs us to establish His Kingdom upon the earth. Powerful knowledge.
In closing, we want to once again thank our precious partners and donors. For those of you who would like to be part, but are not yet, we encourage you to please contact us. There are many in need of assistance and together we are able to reach a lot further. Thank you so much. Please find our contact details below!
Much love and appreciation,
Philip and Rita
Antonios Michalitsis, FNB, Branch: 200912 Account no. : 62633037082
Rita Olsen, NedBank, Branch Code: 114145 Account no.: 1043639810
For those of you that are abroad and would like to contribute, please be aware that besides PayPal there is also the SEPA option as we have an account in Europe:
IBAN DK28 3000 3719 9434 70
And if you are new to our work and would like to partner with us on a monthly basis, we invite you to please contact us for further details. We look forward to hearing from you.