Stories of recovery (vidoe 5 min)
Skip to 3:25 "What helped?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E54NTi6Xow
What is the recovery model? (vidoe 8 min)
How to hold hope for someone
1. Ask people how they managed to overcome challenges in the past
2. Notice peoples strengths
3. Hold hope that people can change and recover
4. Point out any small steps the person has taken
5. If there is a set back ask them "What did you learn from that? What will you do differently next time?"
6. Ask them if there are any times they feel better than others?
7. Ask people what is important to you? How important is that? Why is it important?
If it is something they can't do right now and it is about health for example - is there anything else you can do right not to live by your value of health
8. Ask people how confident they are out of 10? then ask what would increase their confidence.
Mental Health First Aid for the Suicidal Person (4.5 hrs)
This is a stand-alone course which complements the 12-hour Mental Health First Aid Course. You learn more about safety planning and get more activities to practise some of the suicide intervention skills. Max 12 participants
To recived a quote for in-house training at your workplace email email@example.com
Thanks for reading my newsletter.
Remember to do lots of self-care.
Warm regards, Fiona
0403 513 808
Useful numbers and supports:
NSW Mental Health Line 1800 011 511
Lifeline. 13 11 14
Beyond Blue Line 1300 22 3646
Blue Knot Foundation 1300 657 380
Suicide Call back service 1300 659 467
The Gender Centre 9569 2366
Q Life 1800 184 527
Transcultural Mental Health http://www.dhi.health.nsw.gov.au/transcultural-mental-health-centre
Emergency Services 000